Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC (closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know we are drifting off topic on this thread, but wanted to add something that may be interesting regarding supercharger rate reduction. I'm sure there are multiple other threads on here talking of this in detail, but just wanted to throw out a couple of images from Friday at Charlotte, since they are interesting.

Again, this is related to general stall differences/reduction in rate, not specific to Warsaw.

I use TeslaFi to log car data and went back to look at Friday's supercharge event in Charlotte. The first graph shows the first session where the rate dropped off suddenly. Upon examination, this happened at the same time as a voltage drop of about 10 volts, though I have no idea if related. The second graph is after I moved to another stall and shows a proper taper.

2017-05-14_9-21-50.png

2017-05-14_9-22-06.png

Zeb, to continue your off-topic thread :)

I've seen almost identical issues as you see in your graph. I made the graph manually by taking screenshots of the app while charging and then going back and graphing in excel:

This was in Glen Allen:

PastedGraphic-1.png

And this was in Port St. Lucie:

PastedGraphic-2.png

Both times, Tesla said that according to the logs on the supercharger, the issue was due to a "cable fault" on the supercharger itself and not an issue with my car. Not sure if that's really the case since I've seen it in so many places (It was really bad in Kingston, GA too), but that was the explanation I was given. Interesting that the curves look almost identical to yours.

Called Tesla and they are confused as well. Rep saw it on their system and then it disappeared while I was talking to them. They are escalating internally to determine what the issue is but this may just be an internal system glitch that will be resolved soon.

I wish they would have put up a new location first. I'm heading out the door in a few minutes on a round trip from the triangle to Jacksonville and was planning on stopping over in Warsaw to charge on the way back as I've done every other time I've done this trip. Round trip estimate is getting back at 1% so wish me luck lol.

That being said it sucks because driving wise it was a perfect location but I can sort of understand why there might have been hostility. It looks like its a bad area.. the schools all around there have big huge "STOP METH BEFORE YOU START" or something like that signs up and about 6 months ago when I stopped there to charge, as I was driving into the hotel parking lot there was a dirty kid in only their underwear crying in the middle of the road. By the time we plugged in and went over to see what was going on and to call the police they were already gone. So yeah... I guess I can see why a hotel owner in a poor, drug infested area might not like seeing Teslas around but it still sucks :( Really at the end of the day I just again wish they put up a new location first before killing this one off. Will be driving extra slow and on the plus side if I do make it I'll have a new record long haul drive haha.

Can charge in Wilmington but agree that without an SC in Triangle it's difficult to get to the area and drive around without Warsaw.

Other alternative is to go via Lumberton I95 (not ideal, I40 so much safer) but still will have issue driving around town.

Having charged many times there I agree that hotel/back of hotel was not good and at night always made a point to stay in car.

btw: short term before replacement, Lumberton may not have enough slots to handle overflow. Also, there are a number of Triangle L2 charging solutions.

Last edited:
yes, someone was able to charge at it yesterday afternoon. Kinda an interesting one being that Tesla has removed it from it's systems and (from what info I've received) is in the immediate process of being relocated to preserve the customer experience.

<speculation>
Now this next part is 100% speculation on my part and is not info I've received, but I wonder if there was an incident that was bad enough for them to take the drastic step of pulling it from nav/maps immediately even though it's still online.
</speculation>

Was there last summer and went in to the hotel to thank the management for hosting and got hostile attitude. Strong contrast to the reception in Plymouth, where the day manager invited us in to AC lobby / coffee.