Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC (closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes, someone was able to charge at it yesterday afternoon. Kinda an interesting one being that Tesla has removed it from it's systems and (from what info I've received) is in the immediate process of being relocated to preserve the customer experience.

<speculation>
Now this next part is 100% speculation on my part and is not info I've received, but I wonder if there was an incident that was bad enough for them to take the drastic step of pulling it from nav/maps immediately even though it's still online.
</speculation>
The Supercharger in Columbia, SC is in a bad spot also. The hotel that it is in has allowed the chargers to get completely ICED several times and Tesla has told many people that they are already looking for a different location for that one.

• Disagree
Reactions: supratachophobia
The Supercharger in Columbia, SC is in a bad spot also. The hotel that it is in has allowed the chargers to get completely ICED several times and Tesla has told many people that they are already looking for a different location for that one.

Interesting that Columbia for the eclipse was great. The parking lot was busy, but still had many empty spaces, the chargers are not right near the door (though not far from the back door), the signage was good, and none were ICEd. Even the Teslas there moved out quickly form the charging spaces to regular parking spaces.

That said, this was the middle of a Monday vs. evenings or on a weekend.

Reactions: GaryW
If I were the owner of the McDonalds right next door, a couple of destination chargers might pull some extra customers in, if and when the Superchargers go offline. At about 50 miles charge per hour, a long lunch will at least get you to Wilmington.

This stinks on ice. Like everybody I found the motel hostile, but just didn't go in. The Smithfield's across the street would seem like a possible relocation. Large parking lot, much nicer. Having an SC west of the I-40/SR24 split is necessary so the traffic heading south (Wilmington, Topsail) and that heading east (Emerald Isle, Atlantic Beach) can both use it.

Looking at the new SC map that got released today by Tesla, it appears this SC isn't moving at all and is just going away. 141 miles from Rocky Mount to the Wrightsville Charger. Should be no problem with anything 60 and above I think.

Saw that; depending on wind/temps/speed could be a tight fit to proposed North Hills SC in Raleigh...still think they need another I40 location.

Looking at the new SC map that got released today by Tesla, it appears this SC isn't moving at all and is just going away. 141 miles from Rocky Mount to the Wrightsville Charger. Should be no problem with anything 60 and above I think.

I sure hope not. I've depended on Warsaw to be able to pull of day-trips to the coast. Without it, this is not possible.

Reactions: tskguy