Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pueblo, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Tesla recently updated their Supercharger map and they've finally added a pin for Pueblo, CO!

There's no definite location yet but there was talk last year that the owner of a new Culver's to be built at 2285 West Pueblo Blvd. was interested in hosting a Supercharger. For those trying to determine the location, that might be a good place to start searching.

There's no definite location yet but there was talk last year that the owner of a new Culver's to be built at 2285 West Pueblo Blvd. was interested in hosting a Supercharger.
Marco just posted confirmed info about a supercharger being hosted by a Culver's in Wisconsin (see here). That's the first to do so that I'm aware of, but it may be the start of a wider partnership between them and Tesla. There were a lot of plan reviews and bulding permits related to the Culver's project at the Pueblo Regional Building site, but I didn't see anything yet for a supercharger there. Which may mean that it isn't the right location or it might mean that it's still just too early in the process for there to be any listings yet.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Marco just posted confirmed info about a supercharger being hosted by a Culver's in Wisconsin (see here). That's the first to do so that I'm aware of, but it may be the start of a wider partnership between them and Tesla. There were a lot of plan reviews and bulding permits related to the Culver's project at the Pueblo Regional Building site, but I didn't see anything yet for a supercharger there. Which may mean that it isn't the right location or it might mean that it's still just too early in the process for there to be any listings yet.
I may be misunderstanding your post, but Mauston, WI and Casa Grande, AZ are both at Culver's. Each of them have been around for about 8 years.

Ah, those were both well before the time I started following and digging for progress on the supercharger network, so I was not aware. I don't really know much about hosts for superchargers built before 2017-2018. I wouldn't likely recognize them unless it's a hosting partnership that resulted in a significant number of locations like the hotel chains Tesla used to use or Simon Property malls. So, I learned something new today, thanks. But it's clear that Tesla hasn't been partnering with Culver's in a long time--Mauston opened in 2013 and Casa Grande in 2014--so the recent buzz around 2 locations is, I think, still relevant.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Ah, those were both well before the time I started following and digging for progress on the supercharger network, so I was not aware. I don't really know much about hosts for superchargers built before 2017-2018. I wouldn't likely recognize them unless it's a hosting partnership that resulted in a significant number of locations like the hotel chains Tesla used to use or Simon Property malls. So, I learned something new today, thanks. But it's clear that Tesla hasn't been partnering with Culver's in a long time--Mauston opened in 2013 and Casa Grande in 2014--so the recent buzz around 2 locations is, I think, still relevant.

Culver's is a franchise chain, so it could be more about the franchise owners.

Tesla is working with the city to put the superchargers in the parking garage across from the Pueblo Convention Center. No info on number of stalls. Looks like no building permits have been applied for yet (via searching this site).

Address: 301 Central Main St, Pueblo, CO 81003 [Gmap]
GPS: 38.266912, -104.609531

Ian Snow, Tesla Project Developer, presented to the board why Tesla super charging stations are good for Pueblo. The charging stations will be installed in the Pueblo Convention Center parking garage. These charging stations will bring visitors to our HARP area and restaurants. Tesla is working on making the charging station accessible to other electric vehicles.

1648285460836.png

Tesla is working with the city to put the superchargers in the parking garage across from the Pueblo Convention Center. No info on number of stalls. Looks like no building permits have been applied for yet (via searching this site).

Address: 301 Central Main St, Pueblo, CO 81003 [Gmap]
GPS: 38.266912, -104.609531

View attachment 786087
Great, another stupid parking garage charger. I'm already expecting this to suck as much as the Springs one.

Pueblo - Central Main St, CO

Host Type: Parking Garage
Host: City of Pueblo
Along Primary Interstates: I-25
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-50
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-25

To: Colorado Springs, CO - 44.3 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Monument, CO - 63 miles

US-50

To: Lamar, CO - 121.1 miles
Diversion: 3.4 miles
To: Emporia, KS - 499.5 miles

Splitter! on I-25, of the 131.7 miles, 88.1 miles from Trinidad, CO and 44.6 miles to Colorado Springs, CO.

Also a splitter on US-50 of the 219.9 miles gap, 100.2 miles from Poncha Springs, CO and 121.1 miles to the future site in Lamar, CO.

Great, another stupid parking garage charger. I'm already expecting this to suck as much as the Springs one.
My issues with parking garages is that all too often we are left to grope as to where Tesla placed the Superchargers. But by and large, there are no directional signs indicating which floor they are on and which part of the floor. A few well-placed signs would be of immense help.

Sometimes Plug Share helps out by giving us a clue like third floor section C2. But the navigation system drops us as soon as we enter the structure. Then there is the occasional problem with larger structures with two or three ingresses.

When traveling alone, I don't always stop and dial into PlugShare to see if the SC is at a parking garage and how to access it. It isn't until I've reached the garage that I have to pull to the side to try to figure out just where the plugs are.

My issues with parking garages is that all too often we are left to grope as to where Tesla placed the Superchargers. But by and large, there are no directional signs indicating which floor they are on and which part of the floor. A few well-placed signs would be of immense help.

Sometimes Plug Share helps out by giving us a clue like third floor section C2. But the navigation system drops us as soon as we enter the structure. Then there is the occasional problem with larger structures with two or three ingresses.

When traveling alone, I don't always stop and dial into PlugShare to see if the SC is at a parking garage and how to access it. It isn't until I've reached the garage that I have to pull to the side to try to figure out just where the plugs are.
This is how it was pre-2017 but it has gotten a lot better in recent years. Usually the Nav tells you which floor it is on and drops you off at the proper entrance. Sometimes there are signs in the parking garage directing you to the supercharger. One recent exception was Lake Arrowhead, CA where there was no indication it was in a garage let alone what floor it was on and the Nav didn't even lead you to the garage. That one needs to be fixed.

Reactions: BerTX
Anyone who wants to keep an eye on the project without having to physically drive past it on a regular basis can do so via looking up the building permit on the Pueblo permitting portal: Pueblo supercharger permit

A week ago the building permit was approved, but it hasn't been issued yet. Which means that whenever Tesla and their contractor are ready to proceed, they can go pick up the permit and start working.

1655029656041.png

1655029704969.png