Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quartzsite, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or are some of these chargers angled really weirdly? Like they should've been placed a different way? Seems really tight when plugging in the car.

Methinks you may have used the charger on the wrong side. These are situated so that on one side of the row - you use every other one (closest to your charge port). On the other side, you would use the one next to it.

Yes, the cable may reach a car on either side, but only by stretching or parking slightly off the lane.

Another indication that it is your charger - the "T" in Tesla at the top of the cabinet is the side where you pull the connector to plug into your car.

• Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA
Methinks you may have used the charger on the wrong side. These are situated so that on one side of the row - you use every other one (closest to your charge port). On the other side, you would use the one next to it.

Yes, the cable may reach a car on either side, but only by stretching or parking slightly off the lane.

Another indication that it is your charger - the "T" in Tesla at the top of the cabinet is the side where you pull the connector to plug into your car.
It's very possible, I noticed it on the row of chargers closest to where the actual charging equipment is. On the other rows they seemed totally fine. I saw some other cars which also had the cables almost stretched in order to get plugged in as well

“Closed” or just ”Offline”? As I found out a few weeks ago in Montrose CO, Offline can simply mean that the Internet access at the charger site is not working so Tesla servers cannot communicate with them (but the chargers may actually be just fine).
"Temporary Closure" for about an hour. luckily it opened up right as i waited in line at Buckeye with 70% charge and Ehrenburg showing LONG WAIT the prior hour.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Was through there yesterday (Thanksgiving Saturday) and it was humming. Had about a five-minute wait and charged to 90 percent to make sure I made it to Indio. The line got up to six or seven but I suspect the longest wait was ten minutes. The wait at Carl’s Junior was about a half hour! All in all, a good stop for a holiday weekend. Oh, I was in the newer of the two charger sections.

Was through there yesterday (Thanksgiving Saturday) and it was humming. Had about a five-minute wait and charged to 90 percent to make sure I made it to Indio. The line got up to six or seven but I suspect the longest wait was ten minutes. The wait at Carl’s Junior was about a half hour! All in all, a good stop for a holiday weekend. Oh, I was in the newer of the two charger sections.
Interesting, I’ve never seen that site full, but don’t generally travel on Thanksgiving weekend. Good info.

……. adding 88 more down the street! Great!!….. that will give the Quartzsite area 124

It should help resolve this. Quartzsite, AZ will load up at busy times due to the larger gaps nearby.

Indio, CA (V2) -> Ehrenberg, AZ 101.4 miles
Ehrenberg, AZ -> Quartzsite, AZ 17.4 miles
Quartzsite, AZ -> Buckeye, AZ 99.9 miles
Quartzsite, AZ -> Wickenburg, AZ (V2) 93.2 miles

Really, they could do with splitting those gaps, but it's hard to add a Supercharger when there's nowhere to put it.

Reactions: tmoz
how were you able to charge to 90% if it was full?