Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quartzsite, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice drone footage - while you were in the air, did you happen to check out the rocks across the street to the north? I think some footage there would be cool. Plus, what type of chargers are over at Carl Jrs that look like mini outhouses? Kudos to Carl J's for supporting charging stations, even if their bathrooms are not up to standards (i'll bet they beat the ones at the trail head to the Havasupai Village/ Havasupai Falls though).
The rock shop looked pretty closed up, didn't get any footage though. They still had all the rocks out, but the fences were closed. Those chargers are the temporary ones that Tesla put in last fall to keep up with everyone going between CA and AZ. They're urban supercharger units, but only seem to charge at 50kW on each side.

Reactions: tmoz
Nice drone footage - while you were in the air, did you happen to check out the rocks across the street to the north? I think some footage there would be cool. Plus, what type of chargers are over at Carl Jrs that look like mini outhouses? Kudos to Carl J's for supporting charging stations, even if their bathrooms are not up to standards (i'll bet they beat the ones at the trail head to the Havasupai Village/ Havasupai Falls though).
Those are temporary and portable urban superchargers. Only 2 of the 3 plugs work and they typically max out at 50kW. Presumably they will be moved to the next problem area now that there are a ton of stalls here.

Also, that pull-in stall is hilarious. I think I would use that one just for fun.

• Informative
Reactions: tmoz
I am for any increase of infrastructure at this point. I am still unaware of a way to drive an EV from Phoenix to Las Vegas that is not a Tesla. Kingman needs EA to expand there ASAP.
I was looking to challenge myself by using only ChaDeMo for a trip. Vegas was 100% out of the question when I looked at the PlugShare map. It's sad, need more chargers, even if they're not Tesla ones.

O K ya gotta pee and Carl’s Jr. Lobby etc are closed. Drive over the freeway to Love’s Truck Stop and use their bathroom. You can wash your hands and everything!!!! It’s a 1 minute drive for darn sakes!!!!!

I saw a non EV driver just peeing away in the parking lot and an EV driver peeing in the dirt!! Disgusting, ‘ome on now!

I get it.... you gotta go.... but please, how about a little decency; how about a little self respect. NO ONE WANTS YOU PEEING OUT IN THE OPEN. YOUR URINE ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

Peeing in the dirt seems justifiable during a pandemic. I'd be more discreet than that, but who wants to go into truck stop restroom and inhale everyone else's sh!t right now? Not me, if I can avoid it.
Penn Jillette mentioned on his podcast that he always pees in the same field when he makes his routine trip out of Vegas in his Tesla and needs to supercharge. Penn is also self proclaimed carnie trash, so yeah. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: DeepBlueMN
Penn Jillette mentioned on his podcast that he always pees in the same field when he makes his routine trip out of Vegas in his Tesla and needs to supercharge. Penn is also self proclaimed carnie trash, so yeah. ;)
I'm trying real hard not to reply to this thread. So I won't say anything other than this topic could be the title of a new thread, which would open the flood gates for everyone who ever wanted to comment, but was holding it in.

My wife just sent me this picture of her X charging in Quartzsite. She was the only T there. When in Arizona you park in the shade every chance you get. :D

Quartzsite.jpg