Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quincy, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
There is a new Neon Marketplace convenience store permitted for 453 & 465 Washington St, Quincy. An inquiry to the city confirms that Tesla Superchargers are planned for this location as has been the case for every new Neon Marketplace built and/or planned recently.

Credit to North East Tesla on Twitter for making the inquiry to confirm this with the City of Quincy.

@tes-s @corywright

Looking at the building permits for the site, I see no mention of a Supercharger. In fact looking at the site plans I don’t even know where they’d put them. But in any case this would be nice so I hope they’re right.

I agree on both points. I could see a single 4-stall pre-fab unit going in adjacent to the underground fuel tanks as one possibility (although I don't think Tesla is really doing installs less then 8 pedestals typically). It's possible the site plan has evolved since it was originally submitted to accommodate them. Supercharger permits for Neon c-store builds frequently lag behind the initial project permits, so I'm not worried about there not being a supercharger specific permit or mention in the existing building permit.

Reactions: kayak1
Anyone local care to provide an update on the c-store construction status? The Quincy location just showed up on the Neon Marketplace locations website as "coming soon". The Freetown MA and Providence RI builds are very well along and and not yet on that page interestingly enough. I think those may soon be ready commence supercharger construction from what site photos indicate.

Reactions: kayak1
Anyone local care to provide an update on the c-store construction status? The Quincy location just showed up on the Neon Marketplace locations website as "coming soon". The Freetown MA and Providence RI builds are very well along and and not yet on that page interestingly enough. I think those may soon be ready commence supercharger construction from what site photos indicate.
I drive by there a few times a week. It’s very much still under construction. Early stages. Ripping up the ground etc.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
If superchargers are eventually built at this location, it would seem the only place is along the RT 53 side of the site (left edge of the attached site plan) in the bank of 11 parking spots by the fuel canopy and underground storage tanks. I'm hearing superchargers are still still a goal for this location at some point, but not yet finalized.

1678226523001.png