Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quincy, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the supercharger map has Quincy coming in Q3, 2022. Particularly critical for me as it would a last barrier for my wife considering only EVs

1643854509767.png

Good eye, the shell station and the rest of the businesses over there on 151 have Quincy addresses. 149 has George addresses. That’s kind of unfortunate, as 152 has just about nothing, and 149 has quite a bit.

I agree, Quincy proper doesn’t make a ton of sense, but then again, we have some others that are in odd locations. *shrug*

Putting one in Quincy proper doesn't make a ton of sense. It isn't even on a US Highway. My guess is it's something on I-90 that has a Quincy address. Possibly something at exit 151.
I've stopped at that Quincy McDonalds right about where the pin is a few times on the way to and from Leavenworth. Maybe my GPS stats are throwing off their telemetrics. :D

Interesting. They wanted Wenatchee quite awhile back but couldn’t get one, so maybe this is a consolation prize?🤷‍♂️ I drive through Quincy quite a lot, and often see other Teslas on that route. Honestly, my last trip to W required diversion to Moses Lk due to charging (not complaining, just the fact of traveling in sparsely covered areas). Every trip to Cashmere requires a run up to Leavenworth as well. Something in W would work best, but….. will take any and all SCs.

Tesla leaked addresses for coming soon Superchargers. The address for this one is 16010 Rd 1 NW Quincy, WA 98848. It's a Texaco Midway Minimart.
Drove by today, and as expected, nothing happening, no markings or construction. I don’t expect anything here until after Tesla gets funding from the feds for a V4 (CCS+Tesla) station. Probably nothing until 2023 because I-90 is well-covered by EBurg and Moses Lake.

Reactions: Raleel and IdaX
This'll be a great location for heading to/from Seattle and shows at The Gorge Amphitheater. Google maps says it's just a 9-minute detour.

I've often found myself uncomfortably low after using the AC a bunch at the campground.
Another nice thing about George WA it’s power comes from Grant County PUD. They generate power from their dam on the Columbia and, along with the Moses Lake Supercharger, ends up costing 3/4 or less than most Superchargers.

Dig ticket filed 10/25 for work to begin 10/28.

Drove by today, and as expected, nothing happening, no markings or construction. I don’t expect anything here until after Tesla gets funding from the feds for a V4 (CCS+Tesla) station. Probably nothing until 2023 because I-90 is well-covered by EBurg and Moses Lake.
It’s Q4 2022 on the map. Doesn’t make sense to wait for funding as they’d have to put the whole SC plan on hold.

1666841726885.png

So looks like it’ll be right next to I90 and not actually in the town on Quincy (10 miles north). Another splitter :)

Quincy, WA

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Shell
Along Primary Interstates: I-90
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-90

To: Moses Lake, WA - 25.2 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Ritzville, WA (v2) - 71.6 miles

Indeed, it's a mini-splitter! Splits the 67.2 miles from Ellensburg, WA to Moses, Lake, WA.
Also on some Supercharge.info-fastest routes from other places like Leavenworth, WA to points east.

Strangely enough I towed a Uhaul through here Just two months ago. Had to get off the interstate for a bathroom break and stopped at this exact spot. There didn’t seem like enough space to install a charger. So we will have to see what Tesla does here. I almost ran out of juice between Moses Lake and Ellensburg. So really glad to see this being installed.
C7471BAC-069F-47E2-8C84-675E2BA2FC9B.jpeg