Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quispamsis, NB

What should we call this...

• Saint John

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Quispamsis

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Kennebecasis Valley

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are on a roll now! That’s 5 SC construction starts in the month of May,it’s raining SC’s.The 3 major urban areas in NB will be covered now. This SC also links up with Baileyville,Maine SC as well.

Yes, this is a connection that's going to make some Tesla tourists happy. Next step after this will be getting the North American CCS adapter, and maybe the Model 3 CHAdeMO adapter so people can venture out beyond the Supercharger network.

Looks like construction is starting at the Millennium Iriving. There's a Second Cup, Subway with Tim's and McD's across the (busy) street.

NO, it's not likely that Electrify America popping up in the KV.
I’ve added it to supercharge.info as Quispamsis, NB.

Reasons:
1- the municipality it’s located in is called Quispamsis
2- some people think Saint John is in Newfoundland
3- Saint John? Meh, Quispamsis? Cool.

That being said, I will probably have to pass through Saint John for our Bay of Fundy road trip, so this entire Supercharger stretch will be really useful in August!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rypalmer
Not i
We are on a roll now! That’s 5 SC construction starts in the month of May,it’s raining SC’s.The 3 major urban areas in NB will be covered now. This SC also links up with Baileyville,Maine SC as well.[/QUOTE
Well that was fast.
hahah. Fair enough.

But I’ve been waiting for this one a while (and Baileyville) as I am a Saint John expat and do this drive ever year a coupe times from the Southeast. Heck, I remember using a Chademo in the Nissan in Bangor on my old Model S before Brewer went live. So, I’ve been watching this rollout up here for years.

Given Salisbury, I thought the new Irving in Lornville made a lot more sense. Or even the west side Irving.

Not i

hahah. Fair enough.

But I’ve been waiting for this one a while (and Baileyville) as I am a Saint John expat and do this drive ever year a coupe times from the Southeast. Heck, I remember using a Chademo in the Nissan in Bangor on my old Model S before Brewer went live. So, I’ve been watching this rollout up here for years.

Given Salisbury, I thought the new Irving in Lornville made a lot more sense. Or even the west side Irving.
I'm sure you'll be able to muster the courage to brave the Saint John traffic to get to the supercharger (if necessary).

Quispam vs Lorneville is a bigger deal for us. We regularly do a run from Fredericton down to St. Stephen then across to Saint John before continuing up to Sussex and back to Fredericton. Without crossing the border to Baileyville, we'll still need a Chademo stop to make it to Saint John. If Lorneville were chosen we'd make it there if we were careful and the rest of the trip would be uneventful. As we have cases of alcohol on board when we travel, the crossing to Baileyville will be problematic. Still thrilled with somewhere down south, just wish it were Lorneville. Of course, I wouldn't say no to a 4 station SC at St. Stephen or St. Andrews, but Miramichi and Bathurst are much more important.

Reactions: shonline
No *sugar* (Tonight). Someone added this on PlugShare. To keep it on the map so users can post updates, I added a screenshot from the Facebook post for the location. 8C75377E-CDA7-4EC5-8DE5-0C173B751613.png

Quispamsis, NB

National Highway: Nonoe
Provincial Highway: NB-1

From: Salisbury, NB (Construction) (local, NB-1): 110.3km
To: Baileyville, ME (Construction) (NB-1, US-1): 146.5 km

To: Brewer, ME (NB-1, US-1, ME-9, local, US-1A): 287.4 km

Nice.

BTW, Maine will be building a connector from I-395 to ME-9, so eventually, the route to Brewer will be ME-9, a short stretch of I-395 and then off that to the Ruby Tuesday. And, for anyone skipping (Baileyville, ME to Augusta, ME is 262.6km), the more direct connection ME-9 - I-395 - I-95 will be a bit faster.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Jerk and shonline