Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Raleigh NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: This post plus a couple downthread were moved from a different thread.

Bump, per FB this is being expanded to a 24 stall install.
1656110376657.png
1656110351162.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Please don't use this thread to report the Raleigh expansion since it isn't dedicated to the location. I know this one is linked from the supercharge.info site directly but there is a better (dedicated) thread about it here: Supercharger - Raleigh NC
simply clicked the link off the site and guess that's been fixed now :)

Either way looks like i'm late to the party only posted it because it seemed nobody had

I stole this picture off Facebook group post: It looks like this site is coming along nicely. Appears that all the pedestals are up but still need some concrete work and probably all the transformer/electrical work.

If I had to have a random, uneducated guess I would say another 2-3 weeks assuming decent availability of the big green transformer being delivered soon. There is a LOT of construction going on in the North Hills area so hopefully that means parts/labor in general are plentiful and work will progress without any delays.

1656683963309.png

I stopped by here today to check the status, the site is coming along nicely with all of the new V3 pedestals in the ground and barriers in place. They were working on the fence/wall around the white V3 Tesla cabinets.

I thought the big green transformer was going to go in the middle where the cabinets are but it looks like a trench was dug in the asphalt and it will be on the end at the stop sign. Unfortunately it still isn't on site yet so we still have a while to go before the site is live.

Transformer pad with trench along the curb
20220712_103515.jpg

Panoramic picture of the site
20220712_103352.jpg

New pedestals in place with barriers
20220712_103313.jpg

I drove by here today but didn't take pictures since it was an absolute madhouse with the Lassiter mill entrance/exit being completely blocked with the NH contruction going on and there being only 1 way out via the backside of Target. A police offer had to direct traffic out that back/side entrance since there line of cars to leave the SuC/Target/Parking garage area was easily 80+ cars long

Anyway, update on the site..
  • The wall/fence around the Supercharger cabinets that they were working on in the above pictures is completed.
  • All fencing has been removed around the new v3 pedestals only some yellow caution tape to show they aren't usable.
  • The bollards (metal protection pole) are still raw metal and don't have their traditional red plastic cover over them
  • New Transformer still missing, nothing new on the concrete pad at the stop sign where I assume it will go. 😥
Things looks really close to done with the exception of the green transformer/meter, assuming they need a new one to complete the expansion.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidAsheville
I was there today, and the new stalls are not open, but it looks really close. They have installed red signs on each pedestal reading "150 kW" on the existing superchargers, and "Up to 250 kW" on the new superchargers. This is much needed at this busy site, as most of my charges there have been only giving ~65 kW and limited users to 80% max charging.

Anybody visiting this site, please look for the utility transformer, usually a big green or grey cube, and the utility meter (round and glassed-in like the one on your house). Until those are installed, this isn't "close".
I haven't been here since last week when I posted above but if anyone else wants to know where to look, its going to be located by the stop sign at the end on a concrete pad so it should be really easy to notice.

1658863385617.png

I don't have any plans to be on that side of town, but if I do then I'll get us an updated report (maybe Thursday or Friday?). This picture is from July 22nd stolen off the FB group showing the "Tomahawk" signs:

1658863684967.png

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
8/2/22 Update: There is no power to the meter still. The bollards now have their decorative cover over them and the parking spaces have been re-paved or resealed. There are cones and construction barrier things in front of the stations instead of the yellow construction tape. We have to be close, right???

I saw 2 different people drive around the construction barriers and attempt to charge at these new stations but were unsuccessful and went to the old stations. 🤣

1659530731906.png

The old 150 stations had stalls 5A and 5B offline (the Tesla light wasn't even lit up on them) and stalls 2A and 2B were only charging at about 40 kW even without sharing power. I called and reported both of these issues. 🥲 These new 250 v3 stations can't come fast enough!

Reactions: Jeremy3292
@corywright @Big Earl

Should these 12 V3 stalls be shown as an expansion under construction on supercharge.info? I believe some similar sites out west are like this and shown.

We typically don’t revert to a construction state when sites are being upgraded. Maybe if it’s a wholesale upgrade where the entire site is offline for a period of time. We’ll reflect the upgrade when it opens.