Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8am on a Sunday, completely full with 3 cars waiting.

They’re gonna have to do something about this station, particularly if they’re going to regularly use some of the charging capacity to keep the demo fleet for the new showroom topped off.

Hopefully, when the new Fontana location finally opens this will help reduce congestion. I've rarely seen this location not close to capacity on the few times I've been through.

Reactions: follow.johnny
Rancho is becoming overwhelmed by model3s! Sunday afternoon 4:30 line of 6 waiting(4 model3) and 7 model3 charging.
Please open Fontana or expand RC!

I’ve resorted to just going to San Bernardino chargers at this point due to overcrowding at Rancho. Hopefully the Fontana will open soon then the load will be better balanced.

I’ve also had issues at Rancho where the Tesla employees cut the line and pull out their current test drive vehicle off and pull their next one in. I’ve had to tell them to wait in line like everyone else. In my opinion they should be charging them in their show room at night instead of taking up chargers for current owners.

Every day I drive out from my house, I would pass by about 3 Model 3, 3 Model S and 2 Model X here in Rancho LOL. I am like 3 miles from the future Fontana SC.

I've wonder if we ever spotted each other on the road. I'm usually near Rancho/Ontario on weekdays/weekends (Weekdays at the Chuze Gym off Foothill) and weekends sometimes near Victoria Gardens/Ontario mills. I've been seeing more and more Model 3s in the area.

I've wonder if we ever spotted each other on the road. I'm usually near Rancho/Ontario on weekdays/weekends (Weekdays at the Chuze Gym off Foothill) and weekends sometimes near Victoria Gardens/Ontario mills. I've been seeing more and more Model 3s in the area.

If you go to Chuze Gym you are kind of far from me I think. I am in Etiwanda, although last year I was at Red Hill Park every week for our kid's little league practice and get In-N-Out for dinner. I do shop at the Ontario Mills Costco once a week, and drove by Victoria Gardens all the time.

If you go to Chuze Gym you are kind of far from me I think. I am in Etiwanda, although last year I was at Red Hill Park every week for our kid's little league practice and get In-N-Out for dinner. I do shop at the Ontario Mills Costco once a week, and drove by Victoria Gardens all the time.

What Tesla Model do you have? Mines a Pearl White Model 3 with white powder coated 19" Sport wheels. Not sure if you ever spotted one around the malls.

What Tesla Model do you have? Mines a Pearl White Model 3 with white powder coated 19" Sport wheels. Not sure if you ever spotted one around the malls.

WhiteInt/WhiteExt/18" AWD with cap off and a Blue MX with cream Int. I have seen a lot of white M3's around... I think most of the M3s are white! I have only used the Rancho SC once on my MX.. back in 2017 just to test for the first time. I have a 12kW solar system so free charging at home LOL. Even after the Fontana SC opens (2.5 miles from my home), I won't be using it unless it is an emergency fast charge.

Last edited:
What a miserable experience this afternoon at the Rancho Cucamonga Supercharger.

What is it, a parking lot for dead Tesla owners? Sat in line behind 6 other cars for 30 to 45 min, with only 2 or 3 stalls apparently active. Big sign said "See Parking Lot Attendant." We saw a tall Asian girl running around to one car and guiding it in, and I thought "how cool, a Tesla employee"-- but she got in an X and drove away. Not an actual Parking Lot Attendant. It got worse.

When we finally were able to plug in, between two big white Xs, I walked to find a restroom-- finally went into Lucille's. The place was hot! Full and crowded and lots waiting. Check out their bar, and don't walk all the way to the main entrance.

So I make it back to our car, and it had only charged to 23%! It was charging at 27 kW!

This is a 120 kW rated charger, and half of that is a whole lot more than the charging rate we had, of 27 kW!

What is going on? Anyone know?

And in the whole time we were there, in line, and charging all the way from 10% up to 28%, only 3 or possibly 4 of the other cars moved. So-- do I have this right-- it's a parking lot for dead Tesla owners, right?

What is the idle fee thing? Is that just a joke? People park forever and pay a dollar a minute? Come on. What's the real story here? Is that message about the $1.00 a minute idle fee just for fun, or does it really apply, and if so, why is the Rancho Cucamonga SC full of Teslas that appear to be parked for the week?

The car next to you must have been empty...how much time elapsed between when you got out to when you returned? Was your car cold or had it been driven to that low state of charge?

I definitely agree RC is a waste of time, used to be able to charge there 1 time a week no problem, not anymore 5-6 cars waiting all the time now...

Is that message about the $1.00 a minute idle fee just for fun, or does it really apply, and if so, why is the Rancho Cucamonga SC full of Teslas that appear to be parked for the week?

There's a significant area west of the location that doesn't have Superchargers. It might be drawing a bunch of locals. If the site currently has slow charging, the problem will be exacerbated.

Fontana is under construction and might draw some owners away.

What a miserable experience this afternoon at the Rancho Cucamonga Supercharger.

What is it, a parking lot for dead Tesla owners? Sat in line behind 6 other cars for 30 to 45 min, with only 2 or 3 stalls apparently active. Big sign said "See Parking Lot Attendant." We saw a tall Asian girl running around to one car and guiding it in, and I thought "how cool, a Tesla employee"-- but she got in an X and drove away. Not an actual Parking Lot Attendant. It got worse.

When we finally were able to plug in, between two big white Xs, I walked to find a restroom-- finally went into Lucille's. The place was hot! Full and crowded and lots waiting. Check out their bar, and don't walk all the way to the main entrance.

So I make it back to our car, and it had only charged to 23%! It was charging at 27 kW!

This is a 120 kW rated charger, and half of that is a whole lot more than the charging rate we had, of 27 kW!

What is going on? Anyone know?

And in the whole time we were there, in line, and charging all the way from 10% up to 28%, only 3 or possibly 4 of the other cars moved. So-- do I have this right-- it's a parking lot for dead Tesla owners, right?

What is the idle fee thing? Is that just a joke? People park forever and pay a dollar a minute? Come on. What's the real story here? Is that message about the $1.00 a minute idle fee just for fun, or does it really apply, and if so, why is the Rancho Cucamonga SC full of Teslas that appear to be parked for the week?

I live in the are and agree it is super bad. I have resorted to using the San Bernardino Urban chargers if I am in need. Northern Fontana Urban Charger should be open soon this should help with the RC over population as well.