Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG... I keep on saying I'm never going to charge at Rancho again and I'm just going to use Fontana. ... But I broke the rule cause I didn't charge last night, I live down the street, only need 10-12% added, and I thought it wouldn't be that bad. OMG was I wrong. 7 kW and it sits at that speed and there's still 3-4 open stalls. I'm thinking my house is the real supercharger because I can get 8 kW at home.

A MX pulls up next to me... He too lives in Rancho and didn't charge at home so he needed some quick juice. He gave up and drove to Fontana.

I switch a few stalls and finally get one that will deal me 30 kW. it goes up a bit but ultimately settles back down at 30kW. 20 mins later I leave cause I finally got that 10 kWh added. I spend 30 mins total there and wife and kid are agitated, cause it was supposed be a 5 min charge and then off to lunch. I'm scolded never to come here again as this the 3rd time this has happened.

We didn't have another car it was in the shop till days end, else I would taken a few mins to drive home and switch cars. Tesla.... Are you reading? Please fix it. It's been like this for nearly a year! Make these urban chargers if you have too. 72 kW is 10x faster than 7 kW. That's a 10X improvement.

IMG_20200725_112825__01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vern Padgett
OMG... I keep on saying I'm never going to charge at Rancho again and I'm just going to use Fontana. ... But I broke the rule cause I didn't charge last night, I live down the street, only need 10-12% added, and I thought it wouldn't be that bad. OMG was I wrong. 7 kW and it sits at that speed and there's still 3-4 open stalls. I'm thinking my house is the real supercharger because I can get 8 kW at home.

A MX pulls up next to me... He too lives in Rancho and didn't charge at home so he needed some quick juice. He gave up and drove to Fontana.

I switch a few stalls and finally get one that will deal me 30 kW. it goes up a bit but ultimately settles back down at 30kW. 20 mins later I leave cause I finally got that 10 kWh added. I spend 30 mins total there and wife and kid are agitated, cause it was supposed be a 5 min charge and then off to lunch. I'm scolded never to come here again as this the 3rd time this has happened.

We didn't have another car it was in the shop till days end, else I would taken a few mins to drive home and switch cars. Tesla.... Are you reading? Please fix it. It's been like this for nearly a year! Make these urban chargers if you have too. 72 kW is 10x faster than 7 kW. That's a 10X improvement.

View attachment 569107
agree with you 100%, learned it the way as well lol. They should just revamp the whole place in all 72kW since its next to a mall or maybe V3 if its possible

Reactions: Vern Padgett
I wouldn’t be surprised if this Site lease is almost up and Tesla doesn’t want to renew. Easy way to prep customers of not coming to the station is to charge at L2 speeds.
Tesla's standard lease for superchargers is for a 10 year initial period with an option to extend for another 5 years that is solely at Tesla's discretion (i.e. effectively 15 years total). So, I doubt that the lease is ending soon as it hasn't even been 6 full years yet since they took possession.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt and bmah

View attachment 569107
Maybe its because you named your car SlowTSLA and Elon said they dont make slow cars so your being punished..... but really Rancho is by far the worst Superchargers around. I use Fontana when I need a charge in the area now even if its out of my way it is still worth the extra 5-10 min drive.

How many of you are actually calling Tesla to complain about this? I hope a lot of you. They will listen, and hopefully, they can upgrade this site. I would hope that the current conduit setup would allow for that. Does anyone know if this has been done before?

How many of you are actually calling Tesla to complain about this? I hope a lot of you. They will listen, and hopefully, they can upgrade this site. I would hope that the current conduit setup would allow for that. Does anyone know if this has been done before?

I have called for Rancho when I used to use it prior to Fontana opening. I have reported a few broken chargers in the past. Nothing recently as I dont live close to Rancho anymore and when I am in the area I use Fontana or San Bernardino.

How do you complain? When you call the number printed on the charger it tells you they are automatically reported and then routes you to the main number. I last did this months ago at one of the Phoenix chargers.
There used to be an email. That was years ago. Anyone know if that still exists? Back in the day, Tesla was super personalized and responsive. Their entire workforce was enthusiastically trying to help.

• Informative
Reactions: KBaoBao
Maybe its because you named your car SlowTSLA and Elon said they dont make slow cars so your being punished..... but really Rancho is by far the worst Superchargers around. I use Fontana when I need a charge in the area now even if its out of my way it is still worth the extra 5-10 min drive.

It's a SlowTSLA. My LR RWD 0-60sec in 4.9sec is slow for a Tesla! I use it's full accceleration all the time and it could be much faster.

I used to think Cabazon was the worst, but I think that Cucamonga wins the title now.

Cabazon won't deal you 7kW or disconnect you your car, but might have to wait in line for 10-30 mins. Cabazon does consistently deal out 30-40 kW.

im meeting someone for dinner near there and im going to stop by this place around 6 ish. ive never been this far east from LA in model 3. if i get a spot and it charges at 7kw (im leaving la with 88%) thats fine since ill be at dinner anyway. :p

yelp gives it bad reviews and the theme applies here as well. if its full ill just go park at the dinner spot and then when i leave back to la ill hit up fontana. if i have enough juice i may try to get back to burbank...

im meeting someone for dinner near there and im going to stop by this place around 6 ish. ive never been this far east from LA in model 3. if i get a spot and it charges at 7kw (im leaving la with 88%) thats fine since ill be at dinner anyway. :p

yelp gives it bad reviews and the theme applies here as well. if its full ill just go park at the dinner spot and then when i leave back to la ill hit up fontana. if i have enough juice i may try to get back to burbank...

Burbank to Rancho is only 50 miles. Your car will be fine even in a SR.

People drive Tesla's coast to coast all the time. I've driven to northern border at Canada and southern border Tecate, Mexico from Rancho in my model 3. Unfortunately I do have to top off when driving to Tecate. 298 mile round trip is a real stretch for a single charge in a Model 3.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
What are the odds of them switching out the V2 stalls for V3 at this location? Currently in line for a spot here and 3 stalls are out of order. This location has gotten progressively worse with its reliability and charging speeds over the last year.

You really should just drive 1 exit on the 15 north to Fontana Supercharger. The only people who charge here are the apartment folks who could walk back to their home to take a nap or someone who is shopping/eating there. In that case, they want it to charge slow so it is not bad for the battery and they don't have to pay idle fee to finish their shopping/nap/lunch/etc...

Reactions: PLUS EV
You really should just drive 1 exit on the 15 north to Fontana Supercharger. The only people who charge here are the apartment folks who could walk back to their home to take a nap or someone who is shopping/eating there. In that case, they want it to charge slow so it is not bad for the battery and they don't have to pay idle fee to finish their shopping/nap/lunch/etc...

I think travelers coming down the I-15 look and see 150 kW at Rancho vs 72 kW and they would rather choose 150 kW... But in reality it really is just 30 to 40 kW at Rancho. Biyt then ppl say, well.. no big deal I'll just walk around VG.

I'm not sure of there are really that many apt dwellers there. I live in Terra Vista between all the apts and I never see Tesla's going into the apts. I also walk to CA Lottery and City Hall from my house to take advantage of the free charging but most of the ppl charging there are just ppl who work in the surrounding offices and don't seem that be locals.

I think travelers coming down the I-15 look and see 150 kW at Rancho vs 72 kW and they would rather choose 150 kW... But in reality it really is just 30 to 40 kW at Rancho. Biyt then ppl say, well.. no big deal I'll just walk around VG.

I'm not sure of there are really that many apt dwellers there. I live in Terra Vista between all the apts and I never see Tesla's going into the apts. I also walk to CA Lottery and City Hall from my house to take advantage of the free charging but most of the ppl charging there are just ppl who work in the surrounding offices and don't seem that be locals.

I don't remember seeing a Tesla going into an apt either, but there are so many Tesla in Rancho that I feel like I am in Irvine sometime LOL. You cannot NOT see another Tesla within 5 min of driving out from your house.

250kW in Hesperia!

I see Hesperia as a northbound charger. Southbound you would only consume a couple percent from Hesperia to Rancho due to regen.

Northbound.. well.. if one had enough charge to get to Hesperia and then charge, then they wouldn't have needed to charge at Rancho in the first place.

In theory Hesperia does relieve Rancho but is it even significant? Pre Hesperia, ppl would charge at Rancho if they couldn't make Barstow or Yermo. So Hesperia is built now. Fontana is built, but has there been any real change at Rancho? It's nearly 1am right now on Thu morning. Rancho is 0/12 available. I'm actually kind of curious. might just drive over there right now to take a look.

Screenshot_20210429-005721.jpg

The times that I have talked to others at Rancho, they are either locals who forgot to charge, locals who wanted free charge, or those coming down the I-15 going back into LA metro.

I see a lot Tesla's coming into VG on Victoria Park Ln. they are absolutely going to the charger on Nav from the I-15 Southbound. Most ppl would just exit Foothill or Day Creek for VG.

I see Hesperia as a northbound charger. Southbound you would only consume a couple percent from Hesperia to Rancho due to regen.

Northbound.. well.. if one had enough charge to get to Hesperia and then charge, then they wouldn't have needed to charge at Rancho in the first place.
Agree with the 2nd paragraph but not the 1st. People coming down the 15 from points northward should absolutely be stopping in Hesperia instead of Rancho (or Fontana).