Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rapid City, SD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the older sites were generally all just done with one megathread covering multiple superchargers as they were announced. TMC didn't move to individual threads for each location until much later. So, there's probably a bunch of sites without their own thread. :(

While poking around on Supercharge.info I noticed that this site was listed at 120kW (and pics show the V1 pedestal design). I get it's one of the original batch of SC's installed but has it been updated to V2 pedestals and 150kW speeds?

I'm not 100% but I think all the V1 pedestals have been replaced to the V2 design at this point. (Looked on plugshare and saw updated V2 pedestals)

I don't remember Rapid City in particular from this weekend, but there are several V2 superchargers in South Dakota that are limited to 120 kW. Murdo and Mitchell come to mind. Wall is newer and tops out at 150 kW. The nav will show you the max charge rate. Looking at the supercharger map on tesla.com lists them all at 150 kW and that's clearly not true.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian