Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rawlins, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 20170726_122540.jpg
    20170726_122540.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 217
I think the construction will be done, but flipping the switch will be questionable. I hope so. I have another trip from Loveland, CO to SLC mid Aug.

I just made a trip from Fort Collins to Salt Lake and back. The Rock Springs supercharger is hot and it got me all the way back to Cheyenne (85D, 65-70 mph). On the way down I camped in Rawlins and charged at a KOA. I don't know if Cheyenne could get you to Rock Springs.

Attachments

• doodleThing_1501085755083.png
    doodleThing_1501085755083.png
    773 KB · Views: 204
  • Informative
Reactions: JSergeant and tmoz
Rock Springs went live 2 days before I needed it to return to Midwest.

Drove from Rock Springs to Cheyenne 8-13-17 in an 85D, 2 passengers, lots of camping gear. max charged to 263 RM. had to drive 55-60mph the whole way (4 hrs), tried to draft trucks when possible, hit several rain storms, got to Laramie with 4 spare rated miles (56 with 52 needed to go). There is a KOA with NEMA-1450 not far away in Laramie so I couldve got a buffer of 40-50 RM more, but I decided to go for it.

Initially there was an increase in Power requirements such that I dropped below needed miles, car was telling me I wouldnt make it: neg 2% on arrival.

FYI after Laramie, there is NOTHING on the way, no towns or anything on that stretch. PlugShare confirmed !

Slowed to 50mph, and then the decent to Cheyenne. "picked up" rated miles quickly, got to SC with 25 RM left.

That was the longest, slowest drive, single-charge stretch I've done without any safety nets - 265 miles.

After the Rawlins and Laramie SC's go live this wont be a challenge anymore though.

Good Luck till then !

Rock Springs went live 2 days before I needed it to return to Midwest.

Drove from Rock Springs to Cheyenne 8-13-17 in an 85D, 2 passengers, lots of camping gear. max charged to 263 RM. had to drive 55-60mph the whole way (4 hrs), tried to draft trucks when possible, hit several rain storms, got to Laramie with 4 spare rated miles (56 with 52 needed to go). There is a KOA with NEMA-1450 not far away in Laramie so I couldve got a buffer of 40-50 RM more, but I decided to go for it.

Initially there was an increase in Power requirements such that I dropped below needed miles, car was telling me I wouldnt make it: neg 2% on arrival.

FYI after Laramie, there is NOTHING on the way, no towns or anything on that stretch. PlugShare confirmed !

Slowed to 50mph, and then the decent to Cheyenne. "picked up" rated miles quickly, got to SC with 25 RM left.

That was the longest, slowest drive, single-charge stretch I've done without any safety nets - 265 miles.

After the Rawlins and Laramie SC's go live this wont be a challenge anymore though.

Good Luck till then !
That type of drive is what I like to call a "character-builder" :)

Reactions: Galve2000
Called Fairfield Inn this morning and was told that they connected the electricity yesterday. It they didn't know if it was on. Went there before heading to KOA to charge, where I learned that I have a defective charging cable. Rawlins not yet online, obviously. I am now in a truck with my car on the flatbed, on the way to Cheyenne. Driver is going to detour to Laramie to see if that is online for me. I will post any updates on that thread when I am able.

Called Fairfield Inn this morning and was told that they connected the electricity yesterday. It they didn't know if it was on. Went there before heading to KOA to charge, where I learned that I have a defective charging cable. Rawlins not yet online, obviously. I am now in a truck with my car on the flatbed, on the way to Cheyenne. Driver is going to detour to Laramie to see if that is online for me. I will post any updates on that thread when I am able.
Sorry to hear that. Rough day...

I'm confused. Why did you end up on a flatbed? You couldn't charge at the KOA either?

I'm confused. Why did you end up on a flatbed? You couldn't charge at the KOA either?

No. Bad charging cable. It the one that came with the car, and in the three years that I have had it, this was my first opportunity to use it. Spoiled y the California supercharger network, I guess. No charging cable, no charge. Roadside assistance did offer to send me one, arrriving Tuesday. Not much help, as I have to be in Chicago to start a new job on Monday.

• Informative
Reactions: otter and KarenRei
No. Bad charging cable. It the one that came with the car, and in the three years that I have had it, this was my first opportunity to use it. Spoiled y the California supercharger network, I guess. No charging cable, no charge. Roadside assistance did offer to send me one, arrriving Tuesday. Not much help, as I have to be in Chicago to start a new job on Monday.
Oh your UMC doesn't work? Hindsight is 20/20 but I would definitely test that out before leaving on a trip! It can be plugged in to any old 120V outlet.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

What an experience! Thanks for posting. It's a good lesson for the rest of us.