Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Red Bluff, CA (LIVE 27 Nov 2019, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great. I'll definitely be there next year. Corning was often busy.

Kind of an odd small strip mall, but it does look like one of the eating places is 24 hours, which could be useful to some folks.

I suspect Corning will still be popular for those who want to go to Starbucks.

I live in Redding and this is a total surprise! What's interesting is this was never "planned" by Tesla according to the supercharger map and yet here we are still waiting on plans for a supercharger here in Redding. I'm wondering if this means no supercharger for Redding? What's also interesting is Red Bluff is only 20 miles away from the nearest supercharger in Corning.

What's interesting is this was never "planned" by Tesla according to the supercharger map
It’s not the first time in California that a new Supercharger showed up that was never on the Find Us map on the Tesla website.
I'm wondering if this means no supercharger for Redding?
I would not assume that. Tesla is selling thousands of cars a week in the US, and the Supercharger network is continuously being expanded. I think back just 6 years ago when I bought my first Tesla and there were only a handful of Superchargers in California. Now there are dozens. Think about what the network will look like in another 6 years: I’ll bet there is a Supercharger in Redding in a few years.
What's also interesting is Red Bluff is only 20 miles away from the nearest supercharger in Corning.
Having choices on a major travel route like I5 is good. Corning is often crowded. Having a Supercharger in Red Bluff is good.

I live in Redding and this is a total surprise! What's interesting is this was never "planned" by Tesla according to the supercharger map and yet here we are still waiting on plans for a supercharger here in Redding. I'm wondering if this means no supercharger for Redding? What's also interesting is Red Bluff is only 20 miles away from the nearest supercharger in Corning.
Hasn't a supercharger in Redding been in the planning for years.I sure hope this isn't the case and we still get one here. I don't understand Red Bluff unless there is a delay for Redding.

Hasn't a supercharger in Redding been in the planning for years.I sure hope this isn't the case and we still get one here. I don't understand Red Bluff unless there is a delay for Redding.
I just noticed that the Supercharger map on Tesla's site no longer shows Redding as a future site for a Supercharger.

It’s not the first time in California that a new Supercharger showed up that was never on the Find Us map on the Tesla website.

I would not assume that. Tesla is selling thousands of cars a week in the US, and the Supercharger network is continuously being expanded. I think back just 6 years ago when I bought my first Tesla and there were only a handful of Superchargers in California. Now there are dozens. Think about what the network will look like in another 6 years: I’ll bet there is a Supercharger in Redding in a few years.
Having choices on a major travel route like I5 is good. Corning is often crowded. Having a Supercharger in Red Bluff is good.

Very nice new location.

For spending the night at a hotel, any number of locations along that stretch with level 2 charging work as well. On our lone trip down with our Tesla we stayed and charged overnight at the Williams hotel.
I still prefer staying at supercharger hotels when possible, mostly due to the reliability. I don’t have to worry about whether the 1 or 2 L2 spots function, or if they are already in use, or ICEd or whatever. Also, I like to support supercharger host properties.