Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Red Bluff, CA (LIVE 27 Nov 2019, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are all 8 stalls V3 or is it a mix of V3 and V2?

All V3. You can see two V3 charger cabinets to the right of all the pedestals...took this picture while passing through last Friday. Don’t ask about charging rate, I only have an S85D. :oops:

upload_2020-1-3_11-8-26.jpeg

Bruce,

This is fantastic! Makes the stretch up to Shasta with a camper much more doable.
Absolutely. Used this location for the first time this week. And lots of space in that parking lot to unhitch. This Supercharger is nicely positioned for those wishing to drive into Lassen Volcanic National Park. I’m at a campground in the tiny town Mineral near the south entrance to the park, just 37 miles from the Red Bluff Supercharger.

BC83318F-42C9-4673-8028-DF1F1C39ECE6.jpeg

Absolutely. Used this location for the first time this week. And lots of space in that parking lot to unhitch. This Supercharger is nicely positioned for those wishing to drive into Lassen Volcanic National Park. I’m at a campground in the tiny town Mineral near the south entrance to the park, just 37 miles from the Red Bluff Supercharger.

View attachment 556583

Was it hard to get a campsite?
How far are you from other campers?
is it quiet or a 'party campground'?
looking for tips! DM if you would like.

Hey All, I will be passing by this supercharger with my dog on a trip later this month. I used to have an ICE and would stop only for quick gas and possibly a hike or a field of grass to let my dog stretch her legs with some fetch/frisbee.

I checked out the satellite view on google maps, and it looks like you can walk north and then under the road to an area called the East Sand Slough. From the satellite view, it looks like there are some nice hiking paths.

Anybody know more about this area? Is it fairly nice to walkthrough? Is it messy/trashy at all? Any other very close parks/fields to hang out with the dog while waiting?

Hey All, I will be passing by this supercharger with my dog on a trip later this month. I used to have an ICE and would stop only for quick gas and possibly a hike or a field of grass to let my dog stretch her legs with some fetch/frisbee.

I checked out the satellite view on google maps, and it looks like you can walk north and then under the road to an area called the East Sand Slough. From the satellite view, it looks like there are some nice hiking paths.

Anybody know more about this area? Is it fairly nice to walkthrough? Is it messy/trashy at all? Any other very close parks/fields to hang out with the dog while waiting?
If you're going further north, the dog would probably like the grassy area behind the 4-stall supercharger in Mt. Shasta.

Reactions: noshadow

Interesting observation. I never noticed that while charging in Red Bluff. Your idea might be foiled by fences. Check it out when you’re there and report back! We might hit Red Bluff later this month too; I’ll look.

And the recommendation about the park-like area beside the smaller Mount Shasta station is a good one. One of our favorite stops for a charge and picnic! (Please pick up after Rover.)

Enjoy your trip!

It was a bit too hot for us to get to the spot I was talking about. There seems to be a path next to an RV park that you can take. It's paved and says river access.
We walked along river access path you mentioned, which starts just north of the Shari's restaurant. It does take you to the river , as the sign promises, and to the trail under the bridge to the East Sand Slough area to the east of the freeway. Not much shade, other than under the bridge.

For an alternative with more shade, try Red Bluff River Park is on the west side of the river a few blocks south of the Antelope Blvd. bridge into downtown. 3-4 minute drive, 10-15 minute walk. It has grass and mature shade trees. The river channel is about 50 meters awy across a gravel bar. Today we saw what looked like construction for park expansion on the south end.

Dog Island Park is a much larger riverside park north of downtown on Main Street. Lots of shade and space, but you'd probably want to drive rather than walk from the SC.

Reactions: noshadow
We walked along river access path you mentioned, which starts just north of the Shari's restaurant. It does take you to the river , as the sign promises, and to the trail under the bridge to the East Sand Slough area to the east of the freeway. Not much shade, other than under the bridge.

For an alternative with more shade, try Red Bluff River Park is on the west side of the river a few blocks south of the Antelope Blvd. bridge into downtown. 3-4 minute drive, 10-15 minute walk. It has grass and mature shade trees. The river channel is about 50 meters awy across a gravel bar. Today we saw what looked like construction for park expansion on the south end.

Dog Island Park is a much larger riverside park north of downtown on Main Street. Lots of shade and space, but you'd probably want to drive rather than walk from the SC.

Awesome! Good to know! We'll probably be by there again in January.

Red Bluff is not safe at night. It’s isolated in the back far away from stores. Not good. I was the only one there.
Did something happen? I've been there a couple of times, but admittedly only during the day. I noticed a lot of trash back there (beer bottles and diapers, the classic combo), but my only interaction, as stated upthread, was positive. I appreciate the notes of caution, especially if something did happen.

Red Bluff is not safe at night. It’s isolated in the back far away from stores. Not good. I was the only one there.
I agree with you. I live in Redding and have used Red Bluff a few times on my way home from places after dark. The thought has definitely crossed my mind as well and I'm a fairly unintimidated guy but one who keeps the radar up 360. These are things we all think about. Redding's new Supercharger will be in a newer, well-developed area and it will be about 30 miles to the north.

I agree with you. I live in Redding and have used Red Bluff a few times on my way home from places after dark. The thought has definitely crossed my mind as well and I'm a fairly unintimidated guy but one who keeps the radar up 360. These are things we all think about. Redding's new Supercharger will be in a newer, well-developed area and it will be about 30 miles to the north.
I'm a woman. I'd definitely try to avoid stopping there at night in the future, though it might be unavoidable I suppose. I charged enough to get to Mt Shasta.

Yeah i charged here at midnight - couldn’t help it as long road trip from SoCal - felt quite scary at night homeless guy wandering around my car and was only one charging w full family. scary part is car won’t move while charging so youre stuck! Avoid charging late night if possible. Tesla - pls add some security at night or consider adding another one at a 24h gas station or something.