Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Red Oak, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inspired by Alice, TX SC construction showing up in G-Maps, here is streetview for this location from June 2022. No indication of superchargers anywhere, and if I had to guess, they'll be added after the remodel is complete. Permit says completion by end of Sept 2022 so who knows tbh.

I'll see if I can make my way that way in the next few weeks or so, its kinda far from me.

1660319944464.png

I wouldn't bother driving out quite yet. The location doesn't look much different that the G-Maps screenshot (except the grass is dead now).

My guess is they'll be adding the Superchargers over by the orange temporary fencing on the left of the streetview screenshot. They've brought in a lot of dirt to build up the hill and are installing a retaining wall to extend that parking area quite a bit before extending the building out. It's still possible they could have the SC installed in the next 6-8 weeks before the rest of the remodel and extension are finished (there's a lot of space behind the building for construction equipment).

• Informative
Reactions: Guacahummus
Finally some progress worth even bothering to share. Looked like the electricians were out there working yesterday getting conduit down and trenching. Surveyors were out working this morning and have a bunch of flags out there now. Looks like the remodel is getting close, the new fuel island is almost in, and (as evident by the Ennis install) Supercharges could be installed in just a few weeks.

I'm still not 100% sure but guessing that the Superchargers are going in along this radius edge, based on other Supercharger location installations. They still need to install the retaining wall or whatever they're doing on the corner (looks like maybe a small runoff retaining pond).

IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0147.jpg

@gbrgbr The Ennis Buc-ee's Supercharger location is now open on 45, which is 152 miles from Henrietta. Alternatively, the Red Oak Supercharger would add 10 miles & ~10 minutes to the Corsicana to Henrietta drive. Not ideal but I'm guessing they were trying to service 35E. My guess is we'll see another Supercharger somewhere near where 287 hits 20 next year. It's certainly needed when traveling east to west via 20.

Regarding the Red Oak Supercharger, they have all the form boards done and look ready to start pouring concrete. There's a little island outcropping after about 4 stalls so I'm guessing they'll have 2 pull in style chargers for bike racks (or towing if it's super late and not busy; certainly won't be viable in the day time with as tight as it'll be). I'll post pictures once they pour concrete of if they drop off any Tesla equipment.

@gbrgbr I went through the 287/I-20 area Tuesday afternoon and was looking around for what could be a good location. Anywhere on I-20 right there, that would also service 287, is going to be rough. I don't see anything viable with actual off-ramps and on-ramps to get you back on going the correct direction for 287. I ended up submitting a suggestion for 5101 W Sublett Rd, Arlington, TX 76017 because it's less than 2 minutes off of I-20, has a signifiant offering of food options open late, and multiple large parking lots they could use (including the sublet center across the street). If you submitted it too they would potentially add it to the next round of voting.

For the Red Oak Supercharger, they started pouring concrete this morning. I'll keep on eye on it for when they're done (maybe this weekend?). It's super busy, a lot of semi-trucks coming and going, along with all of the construction vehicles, in a pretty tight area so I don't really want to be in their way.

@gbrgbr I went through the 287/I-20 area Tuesday afternoon and was looking around for what could be a good location. Anywhere on I-20 right there, that would also service 287, is going to be rough. I don't see anything viable with actual off-ramps and on-ramps to get you back on going the correct direction for 287. I ended up submitting a suggestion for 5101 W Sublett Rd, Arlington, TX 76017 because it's less than 2 minutes off of I-20, has a signifiant offering of food options open late, and multiple large parking lots they could use (including the sublet center across the street). If you submitted it too they would potentially add it to the next round of voting.
Now that you put an address, I went in and suggested it as well to add some weight to it.

Apparently the Shell across the highway is getting an EVGo station, coupled with autocharge+, it could provide close to Supercharger experience. BUT who knows when that one will be active, or IF.

Apparently the Shell across the highway is getting an EVGo station, coupled with autocharge+, it could provide close to Supercharger experience. BUT who knows when that one will be active, or IF.
I stand corrected, that Shell site is almost live. Did a little digging and found those are two 350 kW stations and two 100|200 kW Delta City chargers.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/466566

https://sksignet.com/eng/product/product.php?category=1
https://www.deltaww.com/en-US/products/EV-Charging/4864

Concrete work is still in progress, though the main work is done (stalls, new parking, new fuel island, etc). The Tesla equipment showed up this week, but maybe a bit more equipment is coming? I don't know if anyone ever found site plans or an official count of charging stalls but it looks like there are only 3 inverters (assuming each of those white, shrink wrapped objects is a single inverter). However, there are 4 pedestal forms next to the large transformer pedestal. But maybe one is for the site controller or something else? Or maybe another inverter is coming. Seems like each of those 4 pallets wrapped in cardboard should be 4 charing stalls, flat packed. For logistics only having 3 per pallet would seem weird. Either way, 12-16 stalls.

IMG_0503.jpg
tempImageKcQMlD.png
tempImagea3xzPo.png
tempImageC6ERjm.png