Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA (LIVE 11 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm working on it bitch. I saw 1900 Hilltop Dr? I guess that's future. Maybe I should check out this spot you just mentioned?
You asked where the new Supercharger was located. As stated a couple pages back, it's next to the Charge Point chargers at the SunDial bridge parking area. Therefore, I posted a Google Maps link to that location for you.
I was just yanking your chain, don't get too worked up.😉

You asked where the new Supercharger was located. As stated a couple pages back, it's next to the Charge Point chargers at the SunDial bridge parking area. Therefore, I posted a Google Maps link to that location for you.
I was just yanking you chain, don't get too worked up.😉
Thank you! Sorry about my panties getting all wadded up😁

Reactions: misticjeff
I posted it in a few places the other day and completely forgot to post it here. Also I was the 1st to use it :)

Attachments

• Fe1OjpAVEAA5qda.jpg
    Fe1OjpAVEAA5qda.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 240
Where the heck is this? It's not on my car's touchscreen, or Google Maps. I'm in Redding for a few days, so this would be perfect timing, if it's operational.
That was my question yesterday when I was there, the old address in Supercharge.info was totally wrong. Only 250 meters off I am told, but the chargers were totally obscured. I brought up this thread and that didn't help that much, trying to read a thread to find the correct location on an iPhone in direct sun with dyslexia was almost too much for me to bare. But it did say next to the ChargePoint chargers, so I looked them up in PlugShare and it took me to them.

I had a little hissy breakdown and got the admins to update the location so anyone going today shouldn't have an issue finding the chargers.

And if you are looking for McDonalds on the way out DON'T go North, it was probably also only 250 meters away, but it to 2.5 miles to get there, the downside if clicking on the closest pin instead of actually checking the travel time for each, I think there were 5 that were as close for crows flying directly to them.

Stopped by today, on a Monday. The parking stall wheel stops are still AWOL - maybe they will never return? There was a nice-looking Rivian juicing up at the Chargepoint spot, not far from a Model Y with very aggressive-looking shoes!

IMG_2374.jpg

This thread doesn't have many photos of the immediate area, so I thought I would post a few.
The SC is located in what is called the Turtle Bay Exploration Park. Within the park are the Sundial Bridge, restaurants, and a museum.
The Sundial bridge is a fun diversion, and I've visited it a couple of times. Always a nice walk, and only about 5 minutes from the SC.
There is a pleasant café next to the bridge, the Branch House Riverfront Bistro. Indoor and outdoor seating. They serve light fare and coffee, of course, but there are also beer and wine on the menu. They are open 7am until 8 pm.
There are restrooms outside of the bistro, and they are clean.
Next to the bistro is the Turtle Bay Museum, which looks geared towards kids and families. During this time of year they are closed on Mon/Tues, so I was unable to enter.
Also located nearby is the Sheraton Hotel and the Mosaic Restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
You would have no trouble burning 30 minutes here while waiting for your vehicle to charge! And if you are traveling with kids, I think there is plenty here to keep them interested, too. If you think you might be planning a stop here, I encourage you to look online to get more details about the park and concessions.

IMG_2375.jpg IMG_2376.jpg IMG_2377.JPG IMG_2378.jpg

That must be what the Rivian is doing, as at 50kWs the pickup's battery is gonna be a LONG time charging. I plugged in my TM3 to the v3 just to touch it and it threw 3kWhs in before I could unplug, I then moved to the MUCH CHEAPER ChargePoint and had a LONG conversation with a Bolt owner about charging, and walked the dog and then looked and there were only 2kWhs added, not enough to get to the next charger, so I had to go back to the Supercharger, the speed difference is amazing

That must be what the Rivian is doing, as at 50kWs the pickup's battery is gonna be a LONG time charging. I plugged in my TM3 to the v3 just to touch it and it threw 3kWhs in before I could unplug, I then moved to the MUCH CHEAPER ChargePoint and had a LONG conversation with a Bolt owner about charging, and walked the dog and then looked and there were only 2kWhs added, not enough to get to the next charger, so I had to go back to the Supercharger, the speed difference is amazing
City of Redding throttles those Charge Point chargers. I've done a video review on them with my EV6 and Model 3. Plus their only 125 split.

It was good to see 7 of the 8 chargers at Sundial being used yesterday. Of course it wasn't so good seeing one car parked so that they were in two different stalls and thus blocking the last charger. I guess the bike rack with the two bikes on it made it so they couldn't back up enough to connect the charger.

It was good to see 7 of the 8 chargers at Sundial being used yesterday. Of course it wasn't so good seeing one car parked so that they were in two different stalls and thus blocking the last charger. I guess the bike rack with the two bikes on it made it so they couldn't back up enough to connect the charger.
The city didn't do a very good install. The lines need to be repainted. Or you have to REALLY hug the right side, which would put the last car in the walk way