Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA (LIVE 11 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes Redding has botched this at least 3 times. Originally was approached before mt shastas first we’re built. Then twice recently because they wanted them to be by their beloved bridge. I agree tax revenue in a different location would be better. We do need chargers of about 40 once the trucks come out and they open the chargers to other evs. I hope the city sees the need once they pull their heads out. They want to promote a green face but obstruct everything that goes with it. Just try getting Tesla solar here. Tesla doesn’t like working with the city with that as well.

Reactions: Trekboy and Fnlrun
Yes Redding has botched this at least 3 times. Originally was approached before mt shastas first we’re built. Then twice recently because they wanted them to be by their beloved bridge. I agree tax revenue in a different location would be better. We do need chargers of about 40 once the trucks come out and they open the chargers to other evs. I hope the city sees the need once they pull their heads out. They want to promote a green face but obstruct everything that goes with it. Just try getting Tesla solar here. Tesla doesn’t like working with the city with that as well.
Please read my previous post :(

Ground has been broken! Going up right next to the ChargePoint stations.

Attachments

• DF28B041-73B1-4643-9478-589DB342CE77.jpeg
    DF28B041-73B1-4643-9478-589DB342CE77.jpeg
    636.5 KB · Views: 169
  • EF7B4179-2613-4B87-A9D5-0C9E365253C5.jpeg
    EF7B4179-2613-4B87-A9D5-0C9E365253C5.jpeg
    882.7 KB · Views: 105
  • B21DAABC-8921-4800-832E-931509667DBF.jpeg
    B21DAABC-8921-4800-832E-931509667DBF.jpeg
    891.7 KB · Views: 115
Educate us. What are the visual characteristics you see? And what will V4 give us? Thanks!
V4 pedestals are larger and rectangular as opposed to the V3 oval ones. Seems like some of the newer installations are getting the V4 base with the older V3 chargers. I'd imagine it makes it easier to upgrade them down the line eventually. I guess its also possible that this is a straight V4 installation, not sure though. Someone else might be able to chime in that knows better.

Tesla V4

Idiots, they missed all that Revenue by sticking it there. Homeless, poor bathrooms, nowhere to get a snack or drink. This was almost the dumbest place in Redding they could have put that.
I am in no way trying to argue this is a good location because it isn't for many reasons. However, one silver lining is the fact that the Branch House Bistro at Turtle bay near the Sundial Bridge will be opening today (September 21st) where there will be food and drinks including coffee. There is even a cleaner bathroom near the Bistro. But yes, the after hours bathrooms are dirty and there are a lot of homeless people in the area. Plus it's not very convenient for those travelling on I-5. Rumor has it there are two more Superchargers planned for the Redding area and one will compare to Firebaugh and Kettleman City. I'll believe it when I see it.