Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA (LIVE 11 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Target opening 2023 now. Meanwhile Red Bluff has a second station already built and opening soon at Raleys this town is ridiculous.
BD236920-3AFF-458F-A26C-B91D68636F83.jpeg

Last edited:
It may not be "The Town of Redding's fault" Cottonwood was a blindside that went in quick, It may just be so-so logistics on Teslas end
When multiple sites around Redding get superchargers a lot faster - how many years has this been in the works now? - Then it is not ”so-so logistics on Tesla’s end” that is at fault. Unless there is some mysterious Tesla logistics dampening field installed in Redding. 😉

It is either city or property owners (or both) that are slow-balling this.

When multiple sites around Redding get superchargers a lot faster - how many years has this been in the works now? - Then it is not ”so-so logistics on Tesla’s end” that is at fault. Unless there is some mysterious Tesla logistics dampening field installed in Redding. 😉

It is either city or property owners (or both) that are slow-balling this.
I would 100% agree with Property owners. But why the hell would they NOT want additional traffic in their facilities. All that means is extra money to the stores which in turn means the rent will be paid on time. And also true now I think about it. Redding is a hassle to get ANYTHING done unless you're" in the know" with City Admin

I would 100% agree with Property owners. But why the hell would they NOT want additional traffic in their facilities. All that means is extra money to the stores which in turn means the rent will be paid on time. And also true now I think about it. Redding is a hassle to get ANYTHING done unless you're" in the know" with City Admin
Seems like same situation as Roseburg OR where Tesla has been trying to build SC but ending up building at next small town on either side. Most of the time I am going to eat or stay at town with a SC so there loosing out.

I honestly don't even use them anymore. The CCS adapter is so easy to use at any EA, or CP. AND they usually are cheaper than a Supercharger.
Why you little stinker. Some of us have older vehicles which can't utilize the ccs adapter. Believe me, I would pay for a charge port retrofit and buy a ccs adapter if I could. Supercharger network is so good I would probably never use it but...WTH, I wear seat belts too. Not because I think I'm going to be in an accident.... 😀

Why you little stinker. Some of us have older vehicles which can't utilize the ccs adapter. Believe me, I would pay for a charge port retrofit and buy a ccs adapter if I could. Supercharger network is so good I would probably never use it but...WTH, I wear seat belts too. Not because I think I'm going to be in an accident.... 😀
I should clarify lol, I use the CCS in areas I know. Longer road trips where I don't use Plug Share, I use Tesla :) Some Geee Whiz info....The CCS at Walmart in Fremont...I've used it twice and both times i was broken, around the corner at the SC, flawless :)

Reactions: Trekboy
Always appreciate the heads up Mike, and just my opinion...But that is a $hit spot. It should go in at the new Costco or Save Mart. THAT would drive local business, and with the City talking about selling off that chunk of real Estate off/on...

Reactions: Trekboy
The first sign of hope I've seen in a while! This will be in Tuesday's City Council meeting. Not exactly sure where 704 Auditorium Drive is but according to google maps it's on the street in front of KRCR.View attachment 829314View attachment 829316
Hmmm. No bathrooms. No real amenities.

ANd if you're on the road and just want to move on.... fairly off the beaten path. 😞

On the other hand..I just realized that is actually right off hwy 299. After all, Redding is the crossroads of I5 and 299 going east and west. Hmm. Ok, still need restrooms though.

Sorry, this is like my 5th edit.. but I just figured it out! The Viking Skating Rink at less that 100 yards away becomes a Tesla Service Center YESSSS😝😝

Last edited:
It looks like we can narrow the location to the Sundial Bridge parking lot near the Chargepoint charging station. Not the best location but there are public restrooms (not very clean ones) across the street and they will eventually open the newly remodeled Cafe near the Sundial Bridge hopefully in September or October. Rumor has it there are two more superchargers in the works and one of them will be in line with the Kettleman and Firebaugh superchargers with the potential for 50+ stalls. Most likely off I-5. With the new construction of Costco on Bechelli and South Bonnyview I'll keep an eye on anything that could point to a Supercharger.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Supercharger.png
    thumbnail_Supercharger.png
    619.6 KB · Views: 53