Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA (LIVE 11 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Redding, CA

Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-5

To: Mt. Shasta, CA - 63.9 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Yreka, CA - 99 miles

To: Medford, OR - 153.1 miles

More splitting in Northern California. Not Oregon. Just saying.
CA-299 is a somewhat well-traveled route. It's 154 miles to the Eureka supercharger. They'll probably try to put one in Weaverville at some point.

Redding, CA

I-5

To: Mt. Shasta, CA - 63.9 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Yreka, CA - 99 miles

To: Medford, OR - 153.1 miles

More splitting in Northern California. Not Oregon. Just saying.

This really should be updated to include HWY 44 to Susanville and Reno and 299 to Eurkea, CA to the west, and up to Burney and Alturas to the east. These are major numbered roads that go right through Redding.

This is great news for many of us traveling through northern California!!

Last edited:
CA-299 is a somewhat well-traveled route. It's 154 miles to the Eureka supercharger. They'll probably try to put one in Weaverville at some point.
Agreed. Redding is a gateway to Northern CA to the East and West via Hwy 299 and Hwy 44. Susanville to the East is much needed, as Redding to Reno is 198 miles. Klamath Falls to Reno is 253 miles, and if anyone has seen Sandy Munro's recent video blog on his trip out West, Klamath Falls to Reno in cold weather was the diciest part of his whole trip.

California eliminated all but seven US Numbered Highways effective July 1, 1964. (Ten numbered routes plus two alternates and an E/W split were those eliminated.) Of those seven survivors, three kept their original distances. The remaining four highways experienced severe truncation.

State Route 299 is about four miles from this site, and State Route 44 closer to three miles. State route 299 was US299 before the 1964 renumbering.

• Informative
Reactions: JimVandegriff
Was in the neighborhood and checked out the location. Nothing unusual here and falls in line with a lot of other Superchargers I've been to. This is a new development in the area with a Starbucks, Save Mart, In-N-Out Burgers and Panda Express within walking distance. I would like to see it closer to the Highway 299 and 44 intersection of I-5 because it's about a 4 mile trek to get to the Supercharger. I don't want to complain because there has already been a failed attempt at getting a Supercharger in Redding but what do us locals know anyway?
Redding SC.jpg

Attachments

• Redding SC.jpg
    Redding SC.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Informative
Reactions: Araman0 and mociaf9
Was in the neighborhood and checked out the location. Nothing unusual here and falls in line with a lot of other Superchargers I've been to. This is a new development in the area with a Starbucks, Save Mart, In-N-Out Burgers and Panda Express within walking distance. I would like to see it closer to the Highway 299 and 44 intersection of I-5 because it's about a 4 mile trek to get to the Supercharger. I don't want to complain because there has already been a failed attempt at getting a Supercharger in Redding but what do us locals know anyway?View attachment 633712

That's awesome that Mike Krueger the weather man drives a Tesla. This is important for locals too. If you have an emergency or an unexpected trip you can go fuel up quickly up - just like getting gas - to head out of town. Helps put potential new owners at ease even though in reality they will most likely never do it.

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz
This is important for locals too. If you have an emergency or an unexpected trip you can go fuel up quickly up - just like getting gas - to head out of town. Helps put potential new owners at ease even though in reality they will most likely never do it.

I think the greatest impact this will have on potential local owners are the people living in some of the new upscale apartment buildings that are going up around the town. I’m sure having a supercharger in town will be the main factor that causes those people to pull the trigger on a Tesla purchase.

I think the greatest impact this will have on potential local owners are the people living in some of the new upscale apartment buildings that are going up around the town. I’m sure having a supercharger in town will be the main factor that causes those people to pull the trigger on a Tesla purchase.

I would not call any apartment going up today "luxury" if it did NOT have EV charging abilities.

Reactions: Araman0
Agreed. Redding is a gateway to Northern CA to the East and West via Hwy 299 and Hwy 44. Susanville to the East is much needed, as Redding to Reno is 198 miles. Klamath Falls to Reno is 253 miles, and if anyone has seen Sandy Munro's recent video blog on his trip out West, Klamath Falls to Reno in cold weather was the diciest part of his whole trip.

This also adds some nice coverage for those traveling to / from Lassen National Park.

Reactions: Blup85
Reactions: Blup85