Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA (LIVE 11 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: Moving a couple posts about a future Supercharger in Cottonwood, CA to a new thread:

Bruce.

It is 2H 2021, I cannot imagine there is still no super charging station in Redding. Fortunately I am still waiting MX. Otherwise I would be extremely disappointed. Planning a trip to Redding/Lassen from Sacramento area.
The supercharger in Red Bluff will work perfectly for you as you can just drive straight up 36 from Red Bluff to the Kohm Yah-mah-nee visitor’s center entrance.

The supercharger in Red Bluff will work perfectly for you as you can just drive straight up 36 from Red Bluff to the Kohm Yah-mah-nee visitor’s center entrance.
Yes you can charge in Red Bluff and then drive to Redding. But then if you plan to drive around to Lassen, Burney falls, Shasta lake/cavern etc., you still need to charge. Destiny chargers are not so reliable.

I guess the reason is there are fewer Tesla owners in Redding and Red Bluff SC is enough for travelers along I5.

Looks like the ball may be started to roll for the Redding Supercharger. A permit was apparently issued on 08/13/2021:D

Attachments

• Supercharger Permit_Redding.jpg
    Supercharger Permit_Redding.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 117
I asked a construction worker what was happening in front of Les Schwab and he said it was just a new carwash. A Supercharger there didn't correspond to what the permit said either. According to the assessor's map, the parcel number on Tesla's permit corresponds to the large parking lot directly in front of Save-More Groceries. I initially thought it would be that strip of land between the parking lot and Churn Creek Rd, but apparently those are being leased for commercial retail/restaurant purposes. We'll see. That is a pretty large parking lot and the far end is fairly unused.
Churn Creek Marketplace.jpg
Strip for lease.jpg

Tesla peeps in Redding... anyone see anything resembling construction on proposed site??
I drove through on September 19th and didn't see anything going on in the Save-Mart parking lot. Did see some interesting construction going on in the lot of the Les Schwab just north of there. It didn't specifically look like supercharger construction, but I also couldn't rule it out. Does anyone know exactly where the supercharger is supposed to go? I was just going by the address on supercharge.info which took me to Save-Mart.

EDIT: never mind, I now see the previous discussion up thread about the Les Schwab.

No one wished for a SuC in RDD more than us on the coast with SR+ Models. I say "wished" because I now have a Model Y, but the anxiety is passed on to my daughter and hubs as they bought my car. Honestly, when your only way east has no SuC's for 149 miles, life is miserable. But it will all be put to rest by November I expect.

Reactions: Blup85
Tesla peeps in Redding... anyone see anything resembling construction on proposed site??
The Building Permit doesn't show any inspections having been performed yet. So likely not yet in construction. Anyone anxiously waiting for this one to start, but who can't drive by the proposed location regularly, can instead regularly check the inspections tab on the permit. Once you see something being done there, you'll know the action has started.

• Informative
Reactions: otter