Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA (LIVE 11 Oct 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really hope this thing gets built soon. It does not affect local residents much since they can charge at home, but for visitors to Redding it is a royal pain.

I arrived in Redding today with not much charge for the weekend (coming from the coast) staying in a friends apartment, I had to drive to Red Bluff and back (1hr drive total) to charge at a supercharger. Get this thing built, Redding! :mad: Sorry for venting…

Any update with the Redding Supercharger? We are traveling to the area for Christmas and I’m not sure we can make the Red Bluff one work while we are there.
It won't be ready for Christmas, it is several months away since no construction has started. You might have to go to Red Bluff to supercharge, I know I had to when visiting.

Otherwise - If you are staying at a local hotel, two of them have Tesla Destination chargers, that might be your best bet. They might even let non-guests charge if you ask and customers aren't using them. There are other public Level 2 chargers, but I know the ones at Target have never worked for me. But some new ones were just added by the new hotel at the sundial bridge, they might work better.

Reactions: Trekboy
It won't be ready for Christmas, it is several months away since no construction has started. You might have to go to Red Bluff to supercharge, I know I had to when visiting.

Otherwise - If you are staying at a local hotel, two of them have Tesla Destination chargers, that might be your best bet. They might even let non-guests charge if you ask and customers aren't using them. There are other public Level 2 chargers, but I know the ones at Target have never worked for me. But some new ones were just added by the new hotel at the sundial bridge, they might work better.
Yeah, the Red Bluff one won’t really work. We are going to be driving between French Gulch, Happy Valley and Palo Cedro… Red Bluff is too far out of the way.

The Tesla will have to sit out this trip… Will be taking the Volt.

Yeah, the Red Bluff one won’t really work. We are going to be driving between French Gulch, Happy Valley and Palo Cedro… Red Bluff is too far out of the way.

There are lots of them on Hilltop at the Hotels. The Red Lion is your best bet. They are SUPER nice people and very well may let you use it for a few hours. If I was going to be home I would totally let you use mine :( You can always 120v it then shoot down to Red Bluff

Reactions: Trekboy

None of the destinations you mention are any more than 20 miles from Redding. Red Bluff is 30 miles from Redding. There isn't any reason that Red Bluff "won't work." Just charge to near full on the way in and you'll have like 70% of your battery to work with for all those short trips. If you are staying there for weeks or something, then just try to find a 120V outlet where you are staying which you can use to trickle charge overnight. Or, just make the one hour round trip drive to Red Bluff every 10 days or so.

None of the destinations you mention are any more than 20 miles from Redding. Red Bluff is 30 miles from Redding. There isn't any reason that Red Bluff "won't work." Just charge to near full on the way in and you'll have like 70% of your battery to work with for all those short trips. If you are staying there for weeks or something, then just try to find a 120V outlet where you are staying which you can use to trickle charge overnight. Or, just make the one hour round trip drive to Red Bluff every 10 days or so.
I know how far everything is as I grew up in Anderson.

If we charge to 80% we have 190 miles range, we are staying 50 miles away in French Gulch and we cannot charge there. Next day is Stop 2 which 30 miles away (60 round trip) - end with 80 miles range. Next day for stop 3 is 25 miles (50 round trip) - leaves us 30 miles range and 50 miles to the supercharger…

We would have to go out to Red Bluff atleast once which is almost an hour one way from where we are staying.

Sounds like your going up 299? Towards Lewiston? If so there is a Wall Charger there. It's on the display on your Tesla. Were just trying to help ya good sir :) Leave Antioch with 90%, hit the Red Bluff on your way up, Mobile charge in French Gulch, and your gonna be golden! :)

Sounds like your going up 299? Towards Lewiston? If so there is a Wall Charger there. It's on the display on your Tesla. Were just trying to help ya good sir :) Leave Antioch with 90%, hit the Red Bluff on your way up, Mobile charge in French Gulch, and your gonna be golden! :)
Lewiston is another 20 miles or so up the mountain from French Gulch. That one MIGHT be possible depending on if they get hit with more snow this week.

This is EXACTLY why Redding needs a SC. It's a gateway to Northern California. I5 north and south. 44 west. 299 east and west. Having a viable charging network here is what will eventually demonstrate the "viability" of EVs to the general population. And aside from that, help those of us who already subscribe to EVs to get around in these fairly remote parts.

I know where it is. You were saying you had all these other stops and it sounded like you were traveling up 299. Sounds like you got this though :)
Everyone chill.. Lewiston is agreat place to charge if your staying over night. The owner charges $10 if you don't stay at thier place. Not really viable. Weaverville, Palo Cedro, Andersone, all outer banks of Redding hub need a SC. North state just isn't quite there yet. Take the volt :)

Reactions: Cheyenne52883
FYI Looks like there was a plan change that was approved in October.
Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 9.05.40 AM.png