Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redondo Beach (LIVE 20 Jan 2015, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to a worker there, the owner of the hotel is a huge Tesla aficionado. He either owns one, owns the stock, or both.

That makes sense. The chargers are right in front of the hotel in prime parking spots like it's a hotel amenity. What a great location. It's super close to the freeway! I was there yesterday (Sunday) morning at about 9am, three other cars charging. I hope the hotel gets a lot of business as a result.

To the hotel owner, my son has a request: While we weren't in the mood for a full breakfast, we would have gladly purchased a couple pastries and a cup a coffee. He really likes glazed donuts so ... "tell them they should sell donuts!"

Thanks!

A few photos from the other day!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I was there at 11:45 AM Sunday. I grabbed the last stall available. I didn't pay attention to the charge rate, except to say that I was getting about 200 MPH and 62 KW when I left with a charge of 205. While I was charging, only 1 other vehicle left and that spot was immediately taken
There was an X parked elsewhere in the lot. Glad to see it was not taking up a spot. Maybe it belongs to the owner of the hotel who knows better, or maybe it was just a courteous driver.

This site has a ways to go. Only one guy working there yesterday and he looked to be doing landscaping around the newly poured concrete. 7 of 8 stalls in use in the afternoon when I was there. It does look like 6 new chargers are going in, though no trenching has taken place to those parking spaces as far as I could tell...

rb1_zpseipduzng.jpg

rb2_zpsnvw0vrbg.jpg

rb3_zpsjy3ssam4.jpg

Reactions: David99
I seriously hope that the construction that you see is NOT new Superchargers going in! Based on the location of that construction, it would be an utter nightmare! Have you been there? The construction is RIGHT at the entrance to the lot. With people backing into Superchargers, they are bound to get hit by someone pulling into the lot. It is a HORRIBLE location IF that is expansion (and I'm not convinced it is). The current setup is dangerous enough. This is a VERY busy lot with 3 hotels in a row using this entrance. There are more spaces adjacent to the existing Superchargers. Putting them across the lot would require that they trench the lot to put in the cables.

My bet is that what you're seeing is NOT supercharger expansion.

I was there yesterday. The construction that someone posted about earlier IS NOT an expansion of the Supercharger. From the pictures in Post 92, you see a cement pad with a bunch of bolts sticking up....that is now a giant 30 foot metal surfboard at the entrance to the lot. The parking spaces that were blocked off are no longer blocked.

There may be expansion here at some point in the future, but not now.

I was there yesterday. The construction that someone posted about earlier IS NOT an expansion of the Supercharger. From the pictures in Post 92, you see a cement pad with a bunch of bolts sticking up....that is now a giant 30 foot metal surfboard at the entrance to the lot.
Thanks for your report. A giant surfboard? Okay...

I like your username. ;)

I highly doubt this location will be expanding any time soon. I'm here charging here at 5:45am and I'm the only one here. 1 stall ICDd. Every other spot in this fairly large lot is filled (wrapping around the side of the building). It is unlikely that the owners would be willing to give up additional spots when there seems to be insufficient spaces for their own guests.