Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Referral miles expired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Merry Christmas all.
My referral miles had an expiring date of 24th December. Shocked to get charged yesterday. Got blocked as well as didn't have a valid card on account. Is the expiry time tied to the collection time? Should I just pay the £9 or ask tesla for a refund?

As there is no time stamp I assumed 23:59..lol! Will gift Elon the £9.
I read somewhere on here that the actual expiry time would have been 24/12/21 at 0001hrs. Hence why you got charged.

We normal folks would presume expiry of 24/12/21 means at 2359hrs …. But in the world of Elon they do things differently!

£9 please, merry xmas 🎅

Coincidentally mine ran out on 24th as well.

I was all set to use up the last 200 miles I had and was about to head to the SuC to collect and happened to check my 'loot box' before I left, just to discover I had no miles left. Same mistake presuming 'expires 24th Dec' meant the end of the 24th, i.e. 23.59 not midnight on the day before.

First world problem innit.

Happy Christmas all.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
On a related but different matter has anyone received new referral miles lately from qualifying orders before the scheme ended? I don’t know the person who used my code but I have an ‘Ordered’ from Aug showing on my account and was expecting/hoping it to have changed to delivered by now. I’ve read other threads which almost suggest Tesla are just leaving them in suspense so wondering if that’s true in the UK or whether I need to be patient.

That sounds like the correct way of working, 6 months or so before expiry. I'll be patient. If there's a "Kevin" out there who for some reason used my code (thank you and apologies if we spoke!) then I hope you get your car soon.

On a related but different matter has anyone received new referral miles lately from qualifying orders before the scheme ended? I don’t know the person who used my code but I have an ‘Ordered’ from Aug showing on my account and was expecting/hoping it to have changed to delivered by now. I’ve read other threads which almost suggest Tesla are just leaving them in suspense so wondering if that’s true in the UK or whether I need to be patient.

Ordered my Tesla on the 20th July 2021, only got my supercharging miles 2 weeks before Xmas after 114 odd days of complaining to customer service, maybe 20 emails 15 phone calls..pure principle for me they tried to fob me off numerous times