Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Regina, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Somebody else made a Google My Maps that shows all the known proposed Phase 2 fast charger locations:
Green Infrastructures Program - Phase 2 - Google My Maps

I'm amazed that the goal is to add 900 fast chargers across Canada (and they say they have $80M to drive that). I see that Plugshare is already showing the chargers that will be at Canadian Tire and Petro Canada ("Coming soon" the markers say), but not those sponsored by "2587265 Ontario Inc.", whatever that is. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GoodCheer
Somebody else made a Google My Maps that shows all the known proposed Phase 2 fast charger locations:
Green Infrastructures Program - Phase 2 - Google My Maps

I'm amazed that the goal is to add 900 fast chargers across Canada (and they say they have $80M to drive that). I see that Plugshare is already showing the chargers that will be at Canadian Tire and Petro Canada ("Coming soon" the markers say), but not those sponsored by "2587265 Ontario Inc.", whatever that is. Does anyone know?
Hydro One in Ontario, supposedly. But the locations are rather nonsensical for a DCFC, reason it not being added on PlugShare

That sounds very promising. Six new permits. Awesome. I think we will see a bit of a different landscape by July 2019. And then a further improvement by December 2019. Petro-Canada and Canadian Tire may have a number of their stations up and running by then as well. good things are happening. Love it. summer travel is going to be so much better this year I think.

That sounds very promising. Six new permits. Awesome. I think we will see a bit of a different landscape by July 2019. And then a further improvement by December 2019. Petro-Canada and Canadian Tire may have a number of their stations up and running by then as well. good things are happening. Love it. summer travel is going to be so much better this year I think.
I hope they get better at picking locations. The ones I’ve scouted in NS have been pretty abysmal in terms of accessibility.

Has anyone contacted Regina city hall to inquire about an actual Supercharger building permit (possibly from Stantec)? Moosomin is moving ahead now.

I've driven by the Regina location a few times here and there but there is no progress so I've stopped looking. Will have to keep an eye open for developments soon. Also at the Petro / Canadian Tire gas bars.

I have no problem giving gasoline companies money if they have L3 here before Tesla does. I have a Chademo adapter already.

Update: City of Regina emailed on Friday to tell me that there are two Tesla Destination chargers in Regina. I emailed back to remind them that I was asking about SuperChargers and today a very nice fellow from City of Regina called me directly. He said they've not issued any permits yet, and suggested I contact Sask Power as they'd have to issue the electrical permits anyways. Sent in an inquiry to Sask Power. This is no doubt a wild goose chase, but I suppose it provides something to do while waiting. ;)

Update: City of Regina emailed on Friday to tell me that there are two Tesla Destination chargers in Regina. I emailed back to remind them that I was asking about SuperChargers and today a very nice fellow from City of Regina called me directly. He said they've not issued any permits yet, and suggested I contact Sask Power as they'd have to issue the electrical permits anyways. Sent in an inquiry to Sask Power. This is no doubt a wild goose chase, but I suppose it provides something to do while waiting. ;)
I have been down both of these roads before. I had a similar experience recently with the city of regina, also.

I got thru to saskpower permit department last fall and it was not a good customer service experience Haha. They kept asking if I was a contractor and why I wanted to know about these "chargers". I told them I was with the Saskatchewan Electric Vehicle Association and we were interested in charging infrastructure. They told me, we will not confirm nor deny any infrastructure being built, have a nice day.

However, our group had a much more positive meeting this January with Saskpower and they said we would be satisfied in 2019. Wink wink

I have been down both of these roads before. I had a similar experience recently with the city of regina, also.

I got thru to saskpower permit department last fall and it was not a good customer service experience Haha. They kept asking if I was a contractor and why I wanted to know about these "chargers". I told them I was with the Saskatchewan Electric Vehicle Association and we were interested in charging infrastructure. They told me, we will not confirm nor deny any infrastructure being built, have a nice day.

However, our group had a much more positive meeting this January with Saskpower and they said we would be satisfied in 2019. Wink wink

Sask Power's initial response was to inform me that they don't have a list of SuperChargers. Fortunately, I never was very good at taking a brush-off, so I've emailed back to politely remind them of what my query actually is. ;) On a personal level for road tripping to Saskatoon, I actually am more interested in potential SuperChargers in Swift Current & Medicine Hat - but obviously Regina is important for the cross-Canada route.

Edited to add: I emailed the city departments of Medicine Hat & Swift Current too, can't hurt...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
Well there just might be superchargers coming to Regina some day.... took a drive by the East Walmart today and what did I see but more than a hundred utility flags along the property line.

There are no Petro / C-Tire gas bars in the vicinity so it's not for that. Hmmm if I was a betting dude I'd say it's for supercharger construction.

No sign of a transformer though... first pic shows from corner back to Walmart sign you can see in the background. Second pic is where I think the stalls might go. The utility flags go the entire block though, not just from one end to the parking lot.

IMG_7794.JPG

IMG_7793.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Could be Tesla but more likely to be an Electrify Canada. Lots of Electrify America chargers are at Walmarts. "I" don't know of any Tesla Superchargers at Walmarts in the US.

I liked your post because people need to apply a rule: if it's at a Walmart, assume it's not Tesla.

In this case, however, you can see from the signs that it's a Walmart-anchored mall.

What are those rusty metal boxes? Maybe it's just time for an upgrade.

• Disagree
Reactions: SammichLover
Could be Tesla but more likely to be an Electrify Canada. Lots of Electrify America chargers are at Walmarts. "I" don't know of any Tesla Superchargers at Walmarts in the US.
It's a SmartCentres property. I believe Tesla has partnered with SmartCentres in Canada. Though I can't name them off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure there are a few existing superchargers already on their properties and I know that a number of locations are planned to be on them.