Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Regina, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pipe dream. Ooops did I say (type) that out loud?

I actually like that we now have a Regina supercharger thread because I believe Saskatchewan may have a unique problem when it comes to Supercharger expansion/rollout.

I've heard conflicting info about the SCs here. I know myself and others are trying to figure out what the delay is. Rumour has it SaskPower may be the holdup or part of the problem, as they are definitely not EV friendly. Another rumour is that because Tesla wants to be profitable so bad from here on out that they scaled way back on expanding the network for the next while.

If anyone has concrete info on what's really going on (or not going on) regarding this stuff, let's discuss here.

I actually like that we now have a Regina supercharger thread because I believe Saskatchewan may have a unique problem when it comes to Supercharger expansion/rollout.

I've heard conflicting info about the SCs here. I know myself and others are trying to figure out what the delay is. Rumour has it SaskPower may be the holdup or part of the problem, as they are definitely not EV friendly. Another rumour is that because Tesla wants to be profitable so bad from here on out that they scaled way back on expanding the network for the next while.

If anyone has concrete info on what's really going on (or not going on) regarding this stuff, let's discuss here.
This will also be a big buzz on Regina Teslas

Actually, if you look at supercharge.info, I'd hardly say the rollout has stalled. LOTS of cones in North America, and elsewhere.

Remember, all of us with Teslas are tracked. They know where we go, where we charge, how long we charge, etc... so they tend to buildout in the order of necessity - with a few exceptions from time to time (friendly landlord etc...)

Reactions: Canuck and MarcoRP
There are several listed as planned along the #1. Was this permit ever confirmed as existing?
That blue dot has been coming and going from Regina for a while now.

2019 is going to be a huge year for EVs in Saskatchewan. We will get at least 2-3 supercharger locations and 14 level 3 across the province. Thank God for Suncountry and their level 2 network, that's all we currently have.

That’s also what you guys said last year, and probably the year before. This year’s finally it?
Well didn't you read my post? Biggest investment in ev charging infrastructure in our provinces history. But that's an easy accomplishment since we don't have any public level 3 as of yet. So pretty much anything is historic.

You guys get a new level 3 charger basically every week in Quebec and a car rebate. Must be nice.