Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rehoboth Beach, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the closest thing I would have to a complaint. ;)

Out of curiosity, I just looked at Google Maps and saw that there is in fact yet another Wawa right in between the two we've been discussing, and it's on the northbound side. Hmmm.... :D

Keep in mind, existing power and feasibility of site design are generally larger decisions vs. location. I'd rather have another site at the beach regardless of it not being Northbound.

Reactions: Big Earl
Keep in mind, existing power and feasibility of site design are generally larger decisions vs. location. I'd rather have another site at the beach regardless of it not being Northbound.
Yep -- power capacity, site feasibility, and willingness of the site owner all likely take precedence over things like choosing a site on the northbound vs southbound side of a road.

My guess (only a guess, no inside info!) is they're adding this site for some combination of these reasons:

* The existing site nearby is V2 and the new site can handle V3
* At peak usage, the existing site has started hitting capacity
* Based on current trends (sales, population growth, existing charger usage, vehicle travel patterns) Tesla expects demand to grow
* The new site was already planning or considering some other kind of construction and the opportunity to add chargers presented itself
* Terms in whatever agreement Tesla has with Wawa
* The manager of the new site specifically wanted/requested a supercharger

Thanks again to DelawareEVs for another update. 4/8 stalls have been placed

CE94A4F8-F607-43D8-8DBB-6AE5FFFB00BE.jpeg
11074AF7-758D-4DE6-A692-D4BE2E024E35.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Construction continues at RB. Workers had no idea of timeline, it's nice to see progress. I am local and stop by at least once a week for my free Wawa coffee. (View attachment 614721 @DelawareEVs on Twitter)

Friendly note, in my opinion the post above should be moved under "Supercharger - Rehoboth Beach, DE" which is where the new Superchargers are being installed.

The title of this older thread should be changed from "Supercharger - Rehobeth, DE" (Rehoboth was spelled incorrectly and it's in Lewes) to "Supercharger - Lewes, DE" since that is where they are located. I reported it.

• Disagree
Reactions: KerryOH
Friendly note, in my opinion the post above should be moved under "Supercharger - Rehoboth Beach, DE" which is where the new Superchargers are being installed.

The title of this older thread should be changed from "Supercharger - Rehobeth, DE" (Rehoboth was spelled incorrectly and it's in Lewes) to "Supercharger - Lewes, DE" since that is where they are located. I reported it.

Moderator note: Done. Thanks for the clear and explicit instructions.

(I think the post we just moved might duplicate one of the earlier photos...looks like the same guy in all the recent pictures. He's famous!)

Bruce.

Moderator note: Done. Thanks for the clear and explicit instructions.

(I think the post we just moved might duplicate one of the earlier photos...looks like the same guy in all the recent pictures. He's famous!)

Bruce.

Thanks Bruce! Yes, I also noticed it was the same pics after I reported it. Sorry. The main reason for reporting it was to get the old child forum renamed to "Supercharger - Lewes, DE" as you did. I noticed this morning that there is another old child forum named "Supercharger - Lewes DE" (no comma after Lewes) here:

Supercharger - Lewes DE

I don't know if you want to move those to the newly renamed ""Supercharger - Lewes, DE" or delete the child forum "Supercharger - Lewes DE". There were only three posts and the last post redirected them to what now is "Supercharger - Lewes, DE". It's up to you.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl and bmah
It was good while it lasted.

I have been checking the Tesla app to see if the Rehoboth Beach Supercharger appears. As soon as it is online it should appear in the app under Charging, Nearby Superchargers (as long as you are not to far from it).

View attachment 624536
Yes I’m a few miles up Rt1 in Milton. I shop at Fresh Market near the WaWa so I’m in the area frequently.

I won’t be charging there but it’s always good to know where they are. I will be happy when the additional Locations are completed on the NJ Tpk.