Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rehoboth Beach, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Just found another ticket for a Supercharger build, this time in Rehoboth Beach DE.

This one was submitted by MCM Solutions to build an “electric SVC” (Supercharger) at the Wawa in town (30155 Veterans Way). Construction was supposed to start today, so be on the lookout for digging!! Will add on Supercharge Info

@Lanny

5F7BBB14-C58B-4402-AB1D-96148F1CC4D2.jpeg

C8D78355-C866-48D4-814D-555CA2589856.jpeg

Fascinating that it's only 3.5mi away from the Lewes supercharger, which is also at a Wawa, which is on the same side of the same road (DE Route 1). I guess the Lewes supercharger has reached critical mass. To be clear I'm not complaining at all -- I'll be thrilled if most gas stations / convenience stores end up with high speed charging!

Side note for those less familiar with the Ocean City / Rehoboth corridor: Fractured Prune, just a few buildings away, has awesome fresh donuts.

Reactions: KerryOH
Fascinating that it's only 3.5mi away from the Lewes supercharger, which is also at a Wawa, which is on the same side of the same road (DE Route 1). I guess the Lewes supercharger has reached critical mass. To be clear I'm not complaining at all -- I'll be thrilled if most gas stations / convenience stores end up with high speed charging!

Side note for those less familiar with the Ocean City / Rehoboth corridor: Fractured Prune, just a few buildings away, has awesome fresh donuts.

yes great donuts at FP. I have been in the area since March and never saw the Lewes SC with more than 3 or 4 stalls in use. Including all the summer holidays and weekends. Wish they put it on northbound side of Coastal. I rarely use the SC as I home charge, I use the Wawa frequently.

Deldot camera at the intersection. The blue building blocks much of the view of the Wawa lot.
How awesome would that be if you could see the stalls on the Deldot camera!

Seems Tesla is upgrading And adding v3 capacity. Both Claymont and Lewes SC getting additional V3 capacity.
Don't you mean new v3 service at Lewes? That's a pure v2 facility today.

Let’s see what they do with Newark I-95 and Dover SC’s. There are new Wawa’s popping up in DE.
That Newark SC is ridiculously crowded on weekends; some additional stalls and/or v3 would be nice to have.

View attachment 595656

Construction has begun. There's a chain link fence surrounding the area outlined in red on the image above.

Delmarva Power is far better than other surrounding utilities in the region when it comes to EV installation support infrastructure.

Demarva Power is owned by the same parent company Exelon which also owns PECO/BG&E/Atlantic City Electric among others who are notoriously bad at EV installation support. Maybe it’s just Delaware thing.

I know this may not be the best place to post this but I am a little desperate. I am staying at my house in Rehoboth Beach. I bought a new Tesla Model Y last week in NJ. I had a brand new NEMA 14-50 Outlet on a dedicated 50A breaker today. I tried to use my Mobile Connector for the first time and it doesn’t work. It feels loose and clicks a bunch of times and won’t charge. I think it’s the mobile connector. The electrician checked his work and verified the outlet is working at its full capacity. I don’t think it’s the port because Superchargers work without issue and my home charger in NJ which uses a J1772 plug works no problem using the Tesla included adapter. I’ve called the local? (Wilmington, DE) Service Center but no one picked up, left a message and no one has returned my call, and no one has replied to an email. It’s beyond aggravating how poor Tesla is at customer service. I’m now stuck down here without a home charging option. I verified the charging doesn’t work at all using the 120 V adapter as well. Some on the main Tesla Motor Club Forum advised me to look for someone local who would let me try out their mobile connector on my outlet to see if that is indeed the issue. Is anyone close and willing to do that for me sometime this week? It would be greatly appreciated. Then hopefully I can call Tesla and see if they would send me a new Mobile Connector instead of possibly having to drive 86 miles each way to Wilmington on the hope that they would diagnose and replace it. Thanks.

Reactions: GalaxyExplorer
I know this may not be the best place to post this but I am a little desperate. I am staying at my house in Rehoboth Beach. I bought a new Tesla Model Y last week in NJ. I had a brand new NEMA 14-50 Outlet on a dedicated 50A breaker today. I tried to use my Mobile Connector for the first time and it doesn’t work. It feels loose and clicks a bunch of times and won’t charge. I think it’s the mobile connector. The electrician checked his work and verified the outlet is working at its full capacity. I don’t think it’s the port because Superchargers work without issue and my home charger in NJ which uses a J1772 plug works no problem using the Tesla included adapter. I’ve called the local? (Wilmington, DE) Service Center but no one picked up, left a message and no one has returned my call, and no one has replied to an email. It’s beyond aggravating how poor Tesla is at customer service. I’m now stuck down here without a home charging option. I verified the charging doesn’t work at all using the 120 V adapter as well. Some on the main Tesla Motor Club Forum advised me to look for someone local who would let me try out their mobile connector on my outlet to see if that is indeed the issue. Is anyone close and willing to do that for me sometime this week? It would be greatly appreciated. Then hopefully I can call Tesla and see if they would send me a new Mobile Connector instead of possibly having to drive 86 miles each way to Wilmington on the hope that they would diagnose and replace it. Thanks.

Nobody answers at the service centers.

I would call 650-681-6133. I had to have my Gen3 wall charger replaced and I sent emails that no one responded to. Nothing happened till I called. It still took a long time and many waits on hold, but I eventually got a replacement.

Bad timing. I have a NEMA 14-50 installed at my place in Dewey that you could use to test your mobile connector and/or borrow mine to test your outlet. I left town last Sunday and my outlet is in a locked enclosure.

Bad timing. I have a NEMA 14-50 installed at my place in Dewey that you could use to test your mobile connector and/or borrow mine to test your outlet. I left town last Sunday and my outlet is in a locked enclosure.

I appreciate the offer but the Tesla Mobile tech came to my place down here and replaced the mobile connector and the issue is gone. It took a few days but it was resolved at no cost to me.

I appreciate the offer but the Tesla Mobile tech came to my place down here and replaced the mobile connector and the issue is gone. It took a few days but it was resolved at no cost to me.
Glad you are OK. For future reference there is an active V2 Supercharger location a few miles up the road at the WaWa on Rt 1 South. Also there are Level 2 chargers at the Lewes Park and Ride, Ferry Terminal and most of the outlet store parking lots, not to mention the Dogfish Head Brewery. You can always charge in Lower, Slower

Reactions: NJEV-Don