Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible location - Renfrew, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rideau to north bay 360 KM /QUOTE]
You are missing my point. I'm totally glad that we now have a Supercharger between Ottawa and North Bay and I do think long term more then one is needed for safety. But I still think Renfrew should have been built before Deep River as would have served Two routes instead of one. Renfrew to North Bay is 260km and is manageable in anything but a 60kw Tesla. Might be harder in 75 X in winter but still is possible most of the time. Just poor planning in my opinion as I feel Renfrew would have gotten a larger population (Ottawa) interested in Tesla faster and led to even further expansion faster. I have been told by many peers the won't go electric/Tesla until they can get anywhere without worry. Eg Cottage Country for Ottawa(Algonquin Park area)

∆ addition to the above. I know it is done so nothing really to do except push for Renfrew. I just thought at least as soon as Deep River was done we would see action on Renfrew. The fact now it is looking like we will go another year and now I worry it might longer will hurt growth in the Ottawa area. I have mentioned in the past but I got my Car thinking this SC would already be done(plus others). Unfortunately my soured opinion on this I also feel soured me selling Tesla to family and friends, when I got my Car I didn't know of Elon time(they now do)

∆ addition to the above. I know it is done so nothing really to do except push for Renfrew. I just thought at least as soon as Deep River was done we would see action on Renfrew. The fact now it is looking like we will go another year and now I worry it might longer will hurt growth in the Ottawa area. I have mentioned in the past but I got my Car thinking this SC would already be done(plus others). Unfortunately my soured opinion on this I also feel soured me selling Tesla to family and friends, when I got my Car I didn't know of Elon time(they now do)
It is exactly like any invention, take the computer and flat screen tv's, it will grow in leaps and bounds to start and you need to decide when to jump in. Me "geek" I always end up paying more for early adoption of innovation and normally enjoy the early adoption years and then for years after. If it works.

Rideau Centre - Canadian Tire Deep River 195 KM; Deep River - Canadian Tire North Bay 170 KM; North Bay - Huntsville Place Mall Huntsville 130 KM. 500 km as opposed to 350. It is doable but they have started with main routes. At zero emissions and clean electricity generation in Ontario you should drive north to the bay it is a beautiful drive (in good weather).

I also would like something just west of Ottawa but would prefer Arnprior due to safety of interchanges off 17. You need one in Eganville or Barrys Bay for your route that would be prefect. In time; talk to Tesla or OPG - Hydro One as that would be the ideal place no?

As Can37 mentioned in #34, there is no movement on this at the moment

I message the Town of Renfrew to see if they have any updates and I got this in response:

"At this point in time, we are still waiting to hear back from Tesla. We have sent them all of the information in order to have a charger placed in Renfrew, but have not heard back if they are interested. If there is any new information we will post to our page. Thank you"

So the ball is in Tesla's court, I think the "Permit" status on Supercharge.info is premature :-(

I wonder with the new Canadian Tire involvement if that will push this one along. We would use this location a lot if it were implemented (most of our travel plans almost always go through Renfrew for some reason).

Should the dot on supercharge.info be moved to the Canadian Tire parking lot (although just across the street from the town-owned property where the local given previously indicated that it would be)?

I wonder with the new Canadian Tire involvement if that will push this one along. We would use this location a lot if it were implemented (most of our travel plans almost always go through Renfrew for some reason).

Should the dot on supercharge.info be moved to the Canadian Tire parking lot (although just across the street from the town-owned property where the local given previously indicated that it would be)?

No, the Canadian Tire site in Renfrew is FLO not Tesla - see here for the map: https://electricautonomy.ca/wp-cont...p-as-of-January-2020-Source-Canadian-Tire.pdf

I saw greystone on plugshare but it just looks like cabins, not sure what to do for an hour....

Do they mind?

For 2020 we are continuing to allow non guests to charge at Greystone. We recommend heading to the Sands on Golden Lake or Golden Lake Chinese Restaurant when you are charging for food. Its a 20 minute walk. we can sometimes provide bicycles in the summer time to get there as well.

For 2020 we are continuing to allow non guests to charge at Greystone. We recommend heading to the Sands on Golden Lake or Golden Lake Chinese Restaurant when you are charging for food. Its a 20 minute walk. we can sometimes provide bicycles in the summer time to get there as well.
Thank you very much for this! We've used this charger twice and it made a huge difference to us along our trip.