Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible location - Renfrew, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not all construction projects will passed through council or would be minuted and normally just go through the building department. You could call the building department, appears to be the department of Development & Works in Renfrew. Sure now surfaholic mentioned something someone here will drop by. One could guess maybe it is not located where it is noted to go and I would also check across the street at the CT. Will be a great upgrade to tesla owners in this area. Sure does beat the Rideau Centre.

Reactions: surfaholic
Been forever in permit stage (539 days). I do not see it progressing faster now with the 'situation'. I would bet few to no new SC's for Canada this year; but with Musk who knows. I use to travel through often; but lately not so much. You think supercharge.info would flip to construction if that is the case?

Been forever in permit stage (539 days). I do not see it progressing faster now with the 'situation'. I would bet few to no new SC's for Canada this year; but with Musk who knows. I use to travel through often; but lately not so much. You think supercharge.info would flip to construction if that is the case?
It might be at the permit stage, but as of a couple of months ago, there was no permit application with Renfrew. I think this site is a long way off. I am not even sure they have picked a site.

I would have been driving through here this weekend if it wasn't for the current 'situation'. My guess no one has had a chance to inspect recently due to recent travel restrictions?
I did a look-see about a month ago, no signs of any construction at the "site" which I am 99% certain is not the site. I looked at the mall on the other side of the street, again no joy.

• Informative
Reactions: surfaholic
Nothing as of last week. I did a look around the area.
20200610_140547.jpg
20200610_140548.jpg

We drive to Algonquin park every summer, and every year I check back to see if there is any progress. It's such a shame that the town wont move on this charger, would bring in a bit of "tesla tourists" to the area. fingers crossed that maybe next year i can drive the model 3 instead of the mini van... :(

I was told months ago that pads where already put down in Renfrew at the end of February, but equipment might take a bit. Small chance he was talking about Perth, as we had talked about both. But I have a hunch Renfrew might have a SC installation going in somewhere out of site or behind some building no one has seen yet.

Reactions: Anto
I was told months ago that pads where already put down in Renfrew at the end of February, but equipment might take a bit. Small chance he was talking about Perth, as we had talked about both. But I have a hunch Renfrew might have a SC installation going in somewhere out of site or behind some building no one has seen yet.
I REALLY hope you’re right! Optimism is fun to ride ;)

Reactions: Anto and surfaholic
Copy and paste from Facebook group.

Facebook Groups
---
With the Renfrew Supercharger disappearing from the Tesla website I had to reach out to Renfrew City Council for comment. This is what I received.
"Please note that our staff have been in touch with Tesla in the past concerning a charging station at our Visitor Information Centre. We have reached out to them on several occasions but with no response. We do have a charger, not sure what kind but it is not a fast charger located at our Metro in Renfrew, and I believe that there is a charger at the OPG building on O’Brien Road. We will reach out to them again as the Visitor centre would be an ideal location. Thank you for reaching out to us. Please do not hesitate to reach out again in a few months to see if we have heard anything back from Tesla.
Jennifer Charkavi
Deputy Clerk"

I really hope they bring this back. It was the only way to reach Algonquin park and back to Ottawa without a major detour to Deep River or Huntsville. I have been hoping to make a trip like this since I got my car. Also have done trips to Round Lake that are bit stressful without this charger.