Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reno, NV - Sierra St.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh good point! Other than those 4 with "more-square" bases, the rest seem to be the same size, so potentially 16 v3 Superchargers? The 2 corner "side" chargers are definitely positioned for Tesla's driver-side charging ports, and as you noticed, the larger conduits are also present on the east stalls too.
Could be. This thread earlier speculated that this location will be Urban (72kW). I'm less familiar with those, but if they wire four Urban Superchargers to the same box, that could also account for the 1A-1D pattern. Not sure at all.

Also, does the size of the pad in the corner strike anyone else as kinda small for four V3 cabinets?

We'll know for sure when some actual Tesla equipment starts showing up.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Cocoaloco on Discord believes these will be v3 Superchargers after talking to someone there. I'm guessing the Superchargers will be along the north edge as there's markers for 1A 1B 1C 1D and repeat for 2A-2D on 8 of the 12 north "behind" chargers while nothing marked for the 2 corner "side" chargers and nothing for the 6 east "behind" stalls either.

View attachment 486915
I thought v3 superchargers aren't paired. Seems like those that have visited the v3 superchargers in Las Vegas have reported them not being numbered whereas v2 superchargers are usually marked with a number and letter so users will know which stalls are being shared. I hope they are v3 and I also hope the 4 mentioned here as being smaller are additional L2.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I thought v3 superchargers aren't paired. Seems like those that have visited the v3 superchargers in Las Vegas have reported them not being numbered whereas v2 superchargers are usually marked with a number and letter so users will know which stalls are being shared. I hope they are v3 and I also hope the 4 mentioned here as being smaller are additional L2.
It's true that V3 stalls aren't numbered, and aren't subject to the pairing restrictions we're used to with V2. However, it is also true that one V3 cabinet powers four stalls. The unproven supposition in this thread is that for wiring purposes (or something) the stalls labeled 1A, 1B, 1C, and 1D are all connected to the same cabinet. Same with 2A-2D. But I think we are having fun guessing here! :rolleyes:

I guess there isn't much to speculate anymore… other than perhaps when it'll open up. ;)

supercharger v3.jpg
destination chargers.jpg

Given that Eldorado Resorts (50% owner of Caesars which owns the Linq) is partnering with Tesla on this, it would not be surprising to see this station mirroring the Vegas High Roller implementation, with a restricted access pay lot that makes the first 30-45 minutes free. And since Caesars has a carbon reduction goal of 30% by 2025, and the High Roller station is part of it, I would think that this station would also get a solar canopy - though maybe that will come at a later point.

Given that Eldorado Resorts (50% owner of Caesars which owns the Linq) is partnering with Tesla on this, it would not be surprising to see this station mirroring the Vegas High Roller implementation, with a restricted access pay lot that makes the first 30-45 minutes free. And since Caesars has a carbon reduction goal of 30% by 2025, and the High Roller station is part of it, I would think that this station would also get a solar canopy - though maybe that will come at a later point.
I wouldn't mind if they gated the lot entry with a passcode like they have at the Las Vegas v3 lot. Seems like it would keep non-Tesla vehicles out and it is easy to get the code to enter the lot on the navigation screen as I've seen demoed in videos but haven't tried myself.
I suppose that I mind... maybe. Seems to be prime parking downtown. On the other hand, I am used to paying a ton for parking in an urban area, as I just moved from Chicago. Reno downtown parking is basically free. While I live closer to Atlantis by far, I would be very tempted to come to The Row just to charge if it was quicker, and I would get notification on my phone that my charge was over before I put another $20 in the poker machine.

• Funny
I suppose that I mind... maybe. Seems to be prime parking downtown. On the other hand, I am used to paying a ton for parking in an urban area, as I just moved from Chicago. Reno downtown parking is basically free. While I live closer to Atlantis by far, I would be very tempted to come to The Row just to charge if it was quicker, and I would get notification on my phone that my charge was over before I put another $20 in the poker machine.
From posts I've read about the v3 charger in Las Vegas, they don't have a parking fee unless you're parked there for a certain time and most are charged to a satisfactory level before the parking fees become applicable. It seems right that with the higher charge rate at a v3 supercharger, your car would be ready to move on in a short enough period of time that just to cross the street to start gambling would be to long to wait. If staying there and using the L2 chargers for free juice but parked inside the fee applies area, it could come into pay to play...;-)

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
From posts I've read about the v3 charger in Las Vegas, they don't have a parking fee unless you're parked there for a certain time and most are charged to a satisfactory level before the parking fees become applicable. It seems right that with the higher charge rate at a v3 supercharger, your car would be ready to move on in a short enough period of time that just to cross the street to start gambling would be to long to wait. If staying there and using the L2 chargers for free juice but parked inside the fee applies area, it could come into pay to play...;-)

Yes I've Supercharged at that V3 station in Vegas several times without paying for parking, but I was always out in about 20 minutes, leaving as soon as I had comfortable range for getting to Beatty.

Just FYI, you can get a special electric vehicle rate in your home in Nevada: NV Energy
You bring up a good point for some people up here. For me, it would be a disaster. The reason is that the "time of use" rate of 43 cents per kWh during the hottest park of the day would spike our bill hugely because we are always home and have 2 air conditioning systems. It would more than offset the extra 3 cents advantage we get during other hours.

What further helps us is that we have solar modules and we are in a grandfathered low rate for the next 21 years !!!

So, yes, I see that program might help some people, but the math that Nevada Energy did for us was saying it would TRIPLE our monthly energy cost.

Okay! So we were right about both V3 and the Destination Charging stalls. Cool.
yes, and I always like the destination chargers. People coming to stay in the area all night can use them for a nice slow charge. I sometimes use the destination chargers at the Atlantis while I am at the buffet as I don't want to hog up one of the supercharger slots for people that probably need it by traveling through.