Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reno, NV - Sierra St.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha! I would have loved these spots back in my Reno sports betting days :) But I don't think too many people are really doing that grind in Reno any more. Overall the fears of ICEing are generally overstated.
Well, if today was any indication of typical icing, you are probably right that it is overstated. Not a single ice car was in any of the stalls when I was there today.

As a side note, while some people might be getting the wonder "V3" charging, it was really pathetic on my 2017 MX today. Guessing the limitation was with my pack, since I was the only car there. The best rate I got was 65 kW when the car started charging at 30% soc, and it gradually went down from there. Wasn't due to pack temperature either.

Well, if today was any indication of typical icing, you are probably right that it is overstated. Not a single ice car was in any of the stalls when I was there today.

As a side note, while some people might be getting the wonder "V3" charging, it was really pathetic on my 2017 MX today. Guessing the limitation was with my pack, since I was the only car there. The best rate I got was 65 kW when the car started charging at 30% soc, and it gradually went down from there. Wasn't due to pack temperature either.
Yesterday was not a busy day in Reno. Tuesday in January is slow season. That garage gets fairly full (at least half full) on weekends and during the summer it's usually 80%+ full on a daily basis. I lived in that condo building right next door to the garage and we only had one parking spot in our garage so we always had to park one car in the eldorado garage.

I lived in that condo building right next door to the garage and we only had one parking spot in our garage so we always had to park one car in the eldorado garage.
So maybe you know what is the deal with validation? I don't go down to that part of town very often. Yesterday there was nobody at the exit gate to check validation. I wonder if that is because its not that busy during the week and maybe they only do that on weekends? Also curious what they do about Teslas going in there just to charge. I probably won't be going there much. We don't gamble and the buffet joints are not that great in that area, but wonder what might be the deal if I have to go down that way.

So maybe you know what is the deal with validation? I don't go down to that part of town very often. Yesterday there was nobody at the exit gate to check validation. I wonder if that is because its not that busy during the week and maybe they only do that on weekends? Also curious what they do about Teslas going in there just to charge. I probably won't be going there much. We don't gamble and the buffet joints are not that great in that area, but wonder what might be the deal if I have to go down that way.
My mom said it's "a really old sign and the gate is never manned".

Temporarily closed as of 1/24/20. Did not stop by today to see if anything is happening.

Attachments

• 6B4D28F8-9EC7-4F10-81CD-A0304EF02B19.jpeg
    6B4D28F8-9EC7-4F10-81CD-A0304EF02B19.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 149
I stopped by a few days ago when it was also "temporarily closed" and found some other Teslas charging too. One stall had the cable unhooked and the charge port immediately showed red when plugging it in, but the other stalls seemed fine. So not really sure why it's marked closed.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I could, but Tesla has also been saying that Ehrenberg is offline for the past week, and it 7/8 operational. I’ll go at it when I get a physical confirmation.
My mom tried navigating to it and it reported it as closed, as shown in the screenshot above. She drives by every day and hasn't seen anyone there for several days...but maybe others are going by the in-car message as well. I don't know if it is actually working or not. If she has some time, I'll see if she can try it out.

Perhaps it is a reporting issue. I know Lone Tree, CO has been showing weird in the app for several days...but I've heard there are actually problems with several stalls there.

We charged here two days ago (evening of 14 February). Looked normal on the in-car Nav (no "temporary closure" or "reduced service")...very lightly used (two Teslas including mine, one space ICEd).

Our hotel room (at Silver Legacy) looked down on the Supercharger...never saw more than half a dozen or so cars parked and/or charging at once.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
Does anyone know if this location is still accessible? My mom drove by and said the parking garage entrance was blocked off. She didn't think the Supercharger was still accessible but she didn't spend much time trying to find an alternate way in.

Does anyone know if this location is still accessible? My mom drove by and said the parking garage entrance was blocked off. She didn't think the Supercharger was still accessible but she didn't spend much time trying to find an alternate way in.
Looks like the app is now showing the this location is not (totally) available. Also, this post indicates this Supercharger is not available: supercharger stations are still up - even w/ everyone hunkering down?

Currently, the Superchargers in the Atlantis parking lot are still available.

@MarcoRP or @Chuq can you update Supercharge.info?

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP