Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may have been suggested elsewhere, but thought I would put my 2 cents in.
With the congestion I have experienced at Fountain Valley, SJC and San Diego there needs to be a queue system.
It would be nice to see the ability as one gets within a certain distance of the SC to have a pop up come up on the screen that allows you to reserve your place in a queue for the next available charger once it becomes available. Maybe a couple 100 ft away. This would let everyone know who is next in line and clear up and potential problems like the verbal altercation recently at San Diego.
This could also provide the driver the best stall to back in to at that time to maximize the current pull for everyone charging.

Tesla should totally come up with an app like that. I'm always find it confusing on how to queue up at the SC as there is no designated waiting area. Also, the app should also prevent people from charging if they cut in line or if it is not their turn yet.

That's my thinking too. I picture 3 cars all waiting and on their screens they see a queue with their place in line. When a stall becomes available only the car next in the queue can connect and start to charge.