Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reston, VA - Sunset Hills Dr

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new permit has been filed for the latest Reston Supercharger!! 12 pre-fab stalls are planned behind the parking garage at Reston Town Center West.

Full plans attached in PDF format

Reston.jpg

Attachments

• Reston.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 125
Ooh, this might be visible from the Washington & Old Dominion Trail. Even if not, there's a short connection between the trail and the northwest corner of the site. I frequently ride my bicycle along that stretch of the trail, especially in warmer weather, so I might be able to keep an eye on this one.

Ooh, this might be visible from the Washington & Old Dominion Trail. Even if not, there's a short connection between the trail and the northwest corner of the site. I frequently ride my bicycle along that stretch of the trail, especially in warmer weather, so I might be able to keep an eye on this one.
Yes,it faces the trail.

I may take a drive over there this morning and snoop around.

Went by the site, the trick to find it will be to turn in at Cooper’s Hawk. Turn left at Starbucks bear right and go straight to the end facing the W&OD trail and it will be on the right. Dominion Power has tons of power on site for this one. No work started as I thought.

Attachments

• 68CCAEC3-93C9-4F94-8B6C-244977EF4FA8.jpeg
    68CCAEC3-93C9-4F94-8B6C-244977EF4FA8.jpeg
    581.1 KB · Views: 138
  • F7375C2B-FF27-4356-8219-0741F8232EB1.jpeg
    F7375C2B-FF27-4356-8219-0741F8232EB1.jpeg
    664.1 KB · Views: 109
  • BD43453F-D8AE-4A37-B753-527380CEC3D8.jpeg
    BD43453F-D8AE-4A37-B753-527380CEC3D8.jpeg
    820.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Rode my bike to this site today. Still no sign of progress -- one might say it's a goose egg. ;)

I took a photo of the parking spaces closest to the W&OD trail (and a goose who couldn't have cared less about my presence), but when I came back to this thread just now and looked at the PDF that @MarcoRP posted, I realize the actual superchargers will be up against the garage structure -- so I've also added an annotated version of @Reddy Kilowatt's garage photo below.

IMG_2548.jpg

F7375C2B-FF27-4356-8219-0741F8232EB1.jpg

I've stopped by a couple times on my bike but haven't posted given the lack of substantive updates. There is now a dumpster on site, but not *right* near the expected location of the supercharger, so it's unclear if it could be related to construction. (I'm guessing it's not but I don't know.) The stop sign in the photo below (taken 5/20) is the same one seen in the background of my previous annotated photo (far left side).

IMG_2608.jpg

Still no sign of construction as of yesterday. I didn't bother taking a photo because it looks exactly the same as @Big Earl's photo above.

Notably, the little path between the parking lot and the W&OD trail is badly overgrown now. Not sure who maintains it or how often, though I'm confident it's not high on anyone's priority list.

Also notably, I can't find anything for this project at - FIDO - Fairfax County, Virginia - which leads me to believe it's still a long way off.

Still a whole lotta nothin' to report here, as of yesterday. And Fairfax changed their online plan/permit lookup system, which has made it more difficult to search. (Pretty sure I searched correctly but still didn't find anything.) Someone did, however, clear a much wider section of brush along the path from the parking lot to the W&OD trail, which made the bike connection a bit easier.

I'll continue to detour over here every so often when I'm passing by on the trail, but I doubt I'll post further unless there's a substantive change. (Although if anyone wants me to keep posting here regardless, just let me know!)

IMG_3684.jpgIMG_3685.jpg

Still a whole lotta nothin' to report here, as of yesterday. And Fairfax changed their online plan/permit lookup system, which has made it more difficult to search. (Pretty sure I searched correctly but still didn't find anything.) Someone did, however, clear a much wider section of brush along the path from the parking lot to the W&OD trail, which made the bike connection a bit easier.

I'll continue to detour over here every so often when I'm passing by on the trail, but I doubt I'll post further unless there's a substantive change. (Although if anyone wants me to keep posting here regardless, just let me know!)

View attachment 871895View attachment 871896

Please post when you stop by - that could save someone else a trip to check it out.

Also notably, I can't find anything for this project at - FIDO - Fairfax County, Virginia - which leads me to believe it's still a long way off.

I noticed this application submitted on September 2, for 12110 Sunset Hills Rd with the status of In Review.

Record BLDC-222450148: TESLA​

Project Description:​

TESLA
PROPOSED ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION: INSTALL (3) TESLA PRE-ASSEMBLED SUPERCHARGER UNITS EACH WITH (1) SUPERCHARGER CABINET, (1) 600A SERVICE DISCONNECT & (4) CHARGE POSTS · INSTALL (1) UTILITY TRANSFORMER, CT CABINET, & METER. CONTRACTOR TO BEDETERMINED. ****DO NOT ISSUE PERMIT UNTIL GENERAL CONTRACTOR INFORMATION IS PROVIDED.*****