Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reston, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yup and they added chantilly and updated fair lakes area and tysons ( from last year). when it shows up on the map it could be anything from a year to year and a half before something shows up. there must be some interest enough to get it on the map BUT the location pins cant be trusted. I bet it could be near reston town center or near the new metro . electrify america has a batch of chargingstations . level 2 and 3 near the reston stop on the other side of the toll road , walkable to the silver line when ever it opens ( next fall?). hopefully they'll do some thign with easy in an out acess from the toll road. the electrify america stop is good if you park all day at the metro ( lvel 2 for that) when it opens but you have to traverse the entire sunrise valley road to get back to the toll road. the rt 7 leesburg charger has been nice to the north , but there has been a bit of a hole near tysons for all the model 3's that are now inthe area.

There are other threads regarding Reston or at least tagged to other ones in the area. Reston town center tried to get one. the power build out issues have that one shelved or cancelled. It was going into the parking garage across the street from Jackson's. It will cost a lot to build out Dominon VA. Power, manholes and duct banks required. Both Electrify America and Tesla wanted to move in there.

I believe Tesla moved down the street and will build out at 1904 Reston Station BLVD. it would be in the metro parking garage there near the kiss and ride. I cant find out if it Urban or super chargers, and or where the chargers would sit. I have never found a permit and or signs of construction on site.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and bhzmark
There are other threads regarding Reston or at least tagged to other ones in the area. Reston town center tried to get one. the power build out issues have that one shelved or cancelled. It was going into the parking garage across the street from Jackson's. It will cost a lot to build out Dominon VA. Power, manholes and duct banks required. Both Electrify America and Tesla wanted to move in there.

I believe Tesla moved down the street and will build out at 1904 Reston Station BLVD. it would be in the metro parking garage there near the kiss and ride. I cant find out if it Urban or super chargers, and or where the chargers would sit. I have never found a permit and or signs of construction on site.

Where did you get the information about the town center?

I had built Reston Town center back in the day and had been talking with others in the industry. I knew there was no power in that part of the development at least back in the day. A garage wouldn't have much power, which is typical for many garages, EXCEPT TYSON's.

Thanks for your insight, that makes sense that those garages were not built around having that much power readily available. However it seems Tesla has installed inside of garages a lot before. Leesburg, Arlington and the newer National Harbor site are all Urban Supercharger sites in parking garage structures.

What do you think caused RTC to be more difficult or expensive than those sites? I think all of those required a new transformer and significant amounts of conduit.

Even if it is more expensive, I think RTC is a much much better location than near the Wiehle metro.

A9D76539-2447-4FDD-90D2-BE3B111608B8.jpeg
Fun fact... Electrify America is based in Reston.

Yes, I charge quite frequently there with my Chademo adapter. They don’t actually seem to mind...

Another fun fact, the E-Tron SUV promotional material was filmed at their Reston site. I saw them filming it. The background was all photoshopped in.

View attachment 502231

Yes, I charge quite frequently there with my Chademo adapter. They don’t actually seem to mind...

Another fun fact, the E-Tron SUV promotional material was filmed at their Reston site. I saw them filming it. The background was all photoshopped in.

Oh cool I did not know that. I have a friend (well a bit of an ex-friend, if that's a thing) in Reston but haven't been down there for a while. I like the Springfield Supercharger when in VA, a few nice places to eat there!

I wouldn't count out Reston Town Center quite yet. Right next to Reston Town Center is RTC West. There are two office towers going in on the edge of Reston Town Center at Town Center Parkway and Sunset Hills Road in Phase 1. On the other side of Town Center Parkway is the edge of RTC West.

Reston Gateway has already secured its first major office tenant. Fannie Mae will lease about 850,000 square feet in one of the offices to be built in the first phase of development. The 4 NOVA offices of Fannie Mae and being consolidated into Reston Gateway. I am sure a huge amount of Dominion Power work is going to have to be done for Reston Gateway. So there could be enough power for Tesla.

I wouldn't count out Reston Town Center quite yet. Right next to Reston Town Center is RTC West. There are two office towers going in on the edge of Reston Town Center at Town Center Parkway and Sunset Hills Road in Phase 1. On the other side of Town Center Parkway is the edge of RTC West.

Reston Gateway has already secured its first major office tenant. Fannie Mae will lease about 850,000 square feet in one of the offices to be built in the first phase of development. The 4 NOVA offices of Fannie Mae and being consolidated into Reston Gateway. I am sure a huge amount of Dominion Power work is going to have to be done for Reston Gateway. So there could be enough power for Tesla.
You know, the Reston Supercharger is under construction at the Reston Metro Plaza. Discussion below:

Supercharger - Reston, VA