Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reston, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have know about a new 8 stall super Charger station going in a new building at 1904 Reston Station BLVD, Reston Va. The building is under construction and not accessible. As a result I can't get access, so no pictures yet. I will work on it as construction develops.

This is at the Wiehle Ave Metro Station. it will be in the SW corner of the garage. I don't know if we will have to pay when we enter the garage. You do down at 1900 Reston Station garage entrance.

Reston Town Center doesn't currently have a pin on supercharge.info. The location I was talking about is Tysons mall at 1961 Chain Bridge Road. Sorry if I'm confused.
Yeah I’m confoozled as well. You’re right on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the site or any of the equipment view-able from a publicly accessible area? If so, I'm happy to sneak a few pictures if you aren't allowed to.

No, only the transformer would be visible. They are on G2 or G3 level SW corner. No windows, totally indoor site, from what my Crystal ball is showing.

IT is a surface installation like the Wisconsin ave. location. 2 White cabinets, Square D service board, 8 surface pedestals set ready for Chargers 90 degrees from wall, they are not wall mount urban chargers like Leesburg. They are "the latest and greatest" V-3 chargers per the installers, who are doing the Wisconsin Ave. site. And no my contact didn't ask what's up with Wisconsin Ave. That would cost me another $20 had I known.

This whole development is a cluster.... o_O I mean I'd love to have more charging options in my fake town, home of Electrify America, including a high powered supercharger that I won't use, but this is the worst possible place to plant one. Multi-dwellers need L2s they can use overnight and not be rushed to move their car. So do commuters and office workers. The Target on FFX Co Pkwy would have been a much better choice for a supercharger.

This whole development is a cluster.... o_O I mean I'd love to have more charging options in my fake town, home of Electrify America, including a high powered supercharger that I won't use, but this is the worst possible place to plant one. Multi-dwellers need L2s they can use overnight and not be rushed to move their car. So do commuters and office workers. The Target on FFX Co Pkwy would have been a much better choice for a supercharger.

It seems that the NOVA region has had several potential sites that have fallen through, indicating that securing sites for Superchargers is a challenge. At this point, I'm happy for any Superchargers that Tesla can build. A V3 at a Metro station isn't too bad ... a quick 15 minute top-up on the way to or from work or when in the nearby area isn't a huge ordeal. Plus this area is rapidly expanding due to the new Metro station, so retail options will be popping up in the coming years.

People wanting pictures, here you go!

Attachments

• 8509E0DA-7F71-48DC-8E9C-2AEB779AD19D.jpeg
    8509E0DA-7F71-48DC-8E9C-2AEB779AD19D.jpeg
    663.2 KB · Views: 276
  • A1F0758D-DC66-4A69-B8E2-673497F09FC2.jpeg
    A1F0758D-DC66-4A69-B8E2-673497F09FC2.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 125