Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reston, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be clear... EA's funding and the states' dieselgate reparations funding both come from VW, but the settlement required VW to fund EA AND to pay the states certain amounts. Those two funding streams are not mingled or in any way tied together.

Just to be clear... EA's funding and the states' dieselgate reparations funding both come from VW, but the settlement required VW to fund EA AND to pay the states certain amounts. Those two funding streams are not mingled or in any way tied together.

Some states are also using part or all of their money to install more DCFCs anyway beyond what EA is doing. An example is Maine: About Electric Vehicle Initiatives

The stations they have been installing are ChargePoint with CCS and Chademo supported. Sometimes they are piggybacking off Tesla, often requiring Tesla to leave them space next to their chargers in exchange for land use.

Reactions: MarcoRP
At least the 2 large columns are red:
CB850F6D-9A41-4071-A0AA-D1FEB97ED2E2.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Charging with four other cars and hit 200kw in my S on the way back in town. Got the update yesterday, missed it if it got hire charge rate, I wasn’t paying attention looked up and saw it had climbed instead of dropping

it is really hot in this garage. Fans are not running. Tesla added directional signs to find this hidden charger. Bear to park with three others charging.
195CF592-E66D-4DDC-A0D1-AC166659BEEE.jpeg

woohoo! its open!. my car noticed the spot this am on my way to work. just stopped in at lunch and was able to go from 30ish % to 87% in 30 minutes in my red '17 MS 90D ( red charges faster …;).) . if you walk out the entrance to this area you will see elevators right there. take it up to P1 ( the metro entrance) and that is the level for Starbucks, sweet leaf, and founding farmers ( and a CVS). not much else open yet due to all the construction of the additional building . I was able to get lunch and be back right on time. Things are a little tight backing into the spots if there were a lot of other cars in there, but it should be fine. nice to have a super charger close!

• Informative
Reactions: Torelli
Those two exhaust fans are controlled by a gas detection sensor that appears power off, not very useful for Teslas charging regardless. One of the fans also has no power, neither is running. All three heat pumps in that space are blowing in heat, even with no one charging it is hot in that chamber.
Toxic or combustible gas monitor for commercial buildings - E3Point from Honeywell Analytics
View attachment 560598 View attachment 560599 View attachment 560600

The fire alarm controls the fans. The Gamewell E3 unit monitors for Carbon monoxide and will run the fans if present. Not going to get that from the Tesla's. The light is probably burned out on the second unit. Flipping them on will notify the Gamewell fire alarm system.

At least we will be warm in the winter. :eek:

The fire alarm controls the fans. The Gamewell E3 unit monitors for Carbon monoxide and will run the fans if present. Not going to get that from the Tesla's. The light is probably burned out on the second unit. Flipping them on will notify the Gamewell fire alarm system.

At least we will be warm in the winter. :eek:

Actually a fire alarm will likely kill them off so they don't supply fresh oxygen for the fire to spread, what are a few dead humans in the grand scheme of things, we already have too many? :confused:
Some of the fans in the garage do run on a regular basis, squeaky belts from hell and everything. In our little baking chamber nothing will happen, as the sensor has no power and the cars "normally" do not emit gasses, other than a sprinkler shower.

Reactions: YYZ-IAD