TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Revelstoke, BC

Discussion in 'Canada' started by invisik, Sep 16, 2014.

1. invisik

invisik Member

2. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

From Western Canada Superchargers - Page 6, the recommendation for the city council to approve is at https://revelstoke.civicweb.net/FileStorage/FC300FA8E4EB4382B657007D5D3BF47F-Dev-DVP%202014-08%20DP-2014-08%201925%20Laforme%20Boulevard%20.pdf for a Supercharger located at

Best Western Plus Revelstoke
    1925 Laforme Blvd
    Revelstoke, BC V0E 2S0
    Canada
    Best Western Plus Revelstoke - Google Maps

3. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Awesome news! Interesting in the simulation photographs how the equipment enclosure is depicted as having a roof over it. I don't believe we have seen that very much.

4. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

With average annual snowfall of 375 cm (148 in), that makes a lot of sense. Revelstoke, British Columbia Climate - Wikipedia

That would be a lot of hand shoveling to keep it cleaned out...

5. memcd

memcd Member

6. ThortsMD

ThortsMD Member

It's also interesting that the car depicted in the drawing is an X.

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 10.35.53 PM.png

7. tom66

tom66 Member

What?

8. arg

arg Member

This appears to be a mistake. The Tesla-supplied drawings in that document show a standard 4-stall supercharger, with a notation that 2 bays are 'dedicated' and 2 bays 'enabled'. At other locations, that has simply meant signage that two of the bays are "for tesla charging only" and the other two bays have supercharger equipment but signs saying "60 minutes general parking" or similar.

It's only the covering letter giving the council officer's recommendations that he has interpreted it as being "for any electric vehicle", which is probably his mistake.

There's certainly no provision in the drawings for (eg.) J1772 charging at those two stalls, and it would be highly inconvenient to fit it later - after the concrete called for in the drawings has been poured.

9. EVFest

EVFest Member

AlbertaNetZero - thanks for those links! I used them to justify a Posting on PlugShare, for Revelstoke Supercharger (but since we - can not add the Supercharger selection as a charging port - I selected Tesla Model S HPWC & CHAdeMO - so it would show the High Powered Icon!), and have sent a message to PlugShare Tech Support, requesting the correct Supercharging ports be listed as soon as they can! I expect it will be corrected before Friday, January 2nd, 2015!

10. EVFest

EVFest Member

Revelstoke Supercharger

Interesting Email - sent to me 8 minutes after I emailed the Tesla Supercharger Team to confirm the Revelstoke Supercharger is live, since it was snot shown on the basic Supercharger page (as a red dot!):

Not only is this great news, but evidence of the Teams activity level (They are so busy cracking the supercharger eggs open - they left this little piece of a shell behind! :) )

11. Vger

Vger Active Member

Indeed. We now have had two Tuesdays in a row where, according to supercharge.info, Tesla has opened NINE supercharger stations in a single day (most in China)!! Those guys and gals rock, in my book!

12. larmor

larmor Member

Share with us a pic of Revelstoke-Kicking Horse mountain! preferably some powder...

13. Vger

Vger Active Member

Exactly why I am now looking forward to going skiing there now!

- - - Updated - - -

I will in a few weeks! :smile:

14. Vger

Vger Active Member

How's this!
    10914867_4909598194882_4285959505933030399_o.jpg

15. GSP

GSP Member