Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Reviews (charging & area amenities) CA to AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

First time posting - looking for a place to share information about current condition of Superchargers and long distance road trip finds - maybe a real time user generated app reminiscent of Waze. I find the Tesla Route site to be seriously lacking in customization, it also gave us a different route than the onboard map did. Both routed us through LA on a trip from the Bay Area to Prescott, AZ. Ug no thanks. Will try Bakersfield on the way back! Here are the points that I want to share:

Supercharger Reviews for Trip from Fairfax, CA to Prescott, AZ
Sunday Dec 29th, 2019

1) Kettleman City: Rolled in at 14%. 11am. Fast Charging. Plenty of stalls available. We LOVED the Kettleman City Tesla Lounge! Great coffee drinks. Clean bathrooms. Feels like an airport. Wanted to order the cheese plate or the breakfast option - but they don't have food yet (other than vending). No decent food within walking distance that I could tell - unless you count Baja Fresh.

2) Rancho Cucamonga: Rolled in at 12%. 2:20pm. Awful! Charging was at 60/hr. This is a super popular shopping area. So we were lucky to get a spot. One is down. Tried to get food at nearby BBQ rest, there was a wait of 3 hours 30 min for a table. We ended up at the restaurant next door that was decent - kids meals, salads, California fresh fried type deal. After an hour plus of charging we were only up to 158 miles. NOTE to self: if the charger is bad, get just what you need to move on. Had to stop again in 30 min . . .

3) San Bernardino: 4:30pm. Great charger! Super fast speeds - more like 280/hr. Not crowded. Near a Macys. We didn't explore but I saw a Tesla owner arrive in an Uber - park your car to charge then take a car to where you really want to be. Back pocketing that idea.

4) Ehrenburg, AZ: Rolled in at 12%. 7pm. Great charger! Around 280/hr. Not crowded. Walking distance to a larger gas station store with clean bathrooms.

5) Wickenburg, AZ: 9:30pm Got caught in a speed trap. Ug. Should have kept it on autopilot. I was worried about arriving in Prescott with only 9% with very cold weather on the way so we detoured through Wikenburg. On the upside, since there was not another Tesla soul at the charger we were at over 500/hr. Heard some weird clunking sounds down near battery and the charging cable would not release - had to use the manual release.

Gah! Made it at 12:15am. Solid 14 hours (one hour difference to AZ). With the gas car takes 12.

Check out the Supercharge.info app and site. Lets you check-in and provide notes on your Supercharging experience.
Check out the PlugShare.com app and site. Lets you check-in and provide notes on ALL your charging experiences.
Check out ABetterRoutePlanner.com app and site. The routing can be accessed from and connected to your car for two way data exchange.
Check out the TezLabapp.com app and site. Also connects to your car and provides details on your battery usage and collects notes on your SuC experience.

Last edited: