TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Richmond, BC

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Poobearcretu, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Poobearcretu

Poobearcretu Member

Hey guys, I was up to no good like always and I found this construction of 20 Tesla Superchargers by the Richmond CF center. Just by the North entrance and Westminster Highway.

I believe it's 20 stalls @ 150kW because the V3 stations are rare and new. I'll check more tmr or within the week, and I'll keep looking for the White Rock charger, I think it's at Semiahmoo mall because I see some high voltage equipment :)

Thanks guys,

-Felix

Attached Files:

• Informative x 6
    • Love x 1
  2. Poobearcretu

Poobearcretu Member

12ED89A8-EBEE-46F5-AB96-14B331920764.jpeg Right there North parking lot of CF centre by Hudson Bay and Westminster HWY

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. darth_vad3r

darth_vad3r Well-Known Sith

20? Gonna guess 72 kW Urban Superchargers, not 150.

• Like x 1
  4. modamoda

modamoda Member

Thanks for posting this. But I think Canada Supercharger locations is more proper place to post this.
    This forum is for Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington locations as description under title says.

• Like x 3
  5. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

6. Big Earl

Big Earl bnkwupt

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. Poobearcretu

Poobearcretu Member

I thought 72kW at first but this looks more like Tsawwassen Mills construction. (V2) chargers. I'll swing by again and confirm. Still 20 stalls is just epic.

Tesla should install more like 40-50 stalls just because the number of Teslas in the area, this charger will always be full.

8. theredviper

theredviper Member

I will be impressed if this charger is routinely full, at 72 or 150 (shared) kW.

• Like x 1
  9. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

Due to the location and free parking, it will be routinely full AND you will get ICE'd a lot as well. Personally I rather them have it at Lansdowne rather than Richmond Centre.

Also most likely it will be 72kW Urban chargers.

10. Poobearcretu

Poobearcretu Member

I got the tip from Patrick Lai but I drove by easier that week and it seemed like construction but didn't know Tesla until he told me

11. Poobearcretu

Poobearcretu Member

Looks like there are A/B stalls but that also could mean urban chargers :(

It should be 150kW just because in BC you get an incentive for installing 20 or more Lvl 3 car charging stations.

Guess we have to wait and see...

Attached Files:

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 3
  12. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Urban superchargers are also Level 3 just like the traditional style.

• Like x 1
  13. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Also, both urban and traditional use the A/B format. The V3s are going to use the A/B/C or A/B/C/D format, so it's safe to assume this won't be V3.

Lastly, can this thread please be moved to the Canada supercharger forum? @Doug_G

• Like x 1
  14. Poobearcretu

Poobearcretu Member

Can confirm 20 big concrete stands, and definitely 150kW, version 2.5 chargers. I was at the apple store today and would've loved to seen these chargers up and running.

So hyped!

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 2
  15. darth_vad3r

What made it so you can tell if they are 2.5 or 3.0 or Urban?

16. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

If I'm reading the power cabinet markings correctly: Each line out outputs at 480volts X 193 Amps = 92.6 kW.

17. Manner

Manner New Member

Took this pic yesterday

IMG_20190915_173058.jpg

18. darth_vad3r

In another thread IIRC, someone said the transformers used are the same for V2 150kW and Urban SCs. The difference is just how many ~12.5kW charger modules feed each pedestal -- 6 going to Urban A, 6 going to Urban B, or 12 going to a pair of 150kW V2 (divided on the fly as cars taper and use less power, some chargers switched over from A to B or vice versa).

Basically Urban SC was the same as normal SC, but the power-split was always 50-50 (even if paired stall was empty), instead of dynamic power-splitting. So everything supplying that pair of pedestals should be essentially identical. Just some logic about where to direct charger output is different.

19. darth_vad3r

If that's right, and it looks like there are 3 x 3 of those, it would be ~834 kW ... enough to supply 10 pedestals with a 5% loss factor and 5% overhead.

If there are 20, then there would be 2 of these cabinets?

• Like x 1
  20. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

Definitely dependent on the number of power cabinets and how the chargers are going to be wired. The concrete blocks do indicate 150kW chargers will be installed.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1