Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ICE Centrale IMG_20191129_122636.jpg IMG_20191129_122603.jpg IMG_20191129_122617.jpg

well, that didn't take long, did it? sad, though not really surprising, knowing local drivers' behaviour

maybe everyone should put Richmond CF Centre Security's tel# into their phonebook and promptly report offenders?
(604) 273-2767

Not all local drivers as there is a WA state plate on one of the cars in the photo. People see one car ICEing and they think it’s okay to park there as well. It’s just as bad as the people who idle or wait in a handicap parking spot without a handicap sign.

well, that didn't take long, did it? sad, though not really surprising, knowing local drivers' behaviour

maybe everyone should put Richmond CF Centre Security's tel# into their phonebook and promptly report offenders?
(604) 273-2767

But is it really the mall securities that we should notify though? Having experience with how mall securities are in the lower mainland, they don’t leave the mall nor do anything that exceed their jobs’ requirements. No offence, just my own experience.

Better yet would be for them to put the towing company and phone number on the signs.

But is it really the mall securities that we should notify though? Having experience with how mall securities are in the lower mainland, they don’t leave the mall nor do anything that exceed their jobs’ requirements. No offence, just my own experience.

Better yet would be for them to put the towing company and phone number on the signs.

I think Richmond does require signage with towing company contact info dispalyed on private lots, but no idea if there is a sign in immediate vicinity of the Supercharger.

but IIRC, Richmond parking/towing bylaw says towing companies can't do anything about illegally parked cars unless the car is first issued a violation/tow away notice by someone representing the property. ie the tow truck driver can't issue a ticket directly, nor tow without there first being a tow away notice on the car

Concord Security routinely patrols the Richmond Centre parking lot and I do know they issue parking violation tickets & warnings. I don't know for certain that the phone number I mentioned will get you directly in contact with Concord - it's the number listed for security on CF Richmond Ctr website. But if it doesn't reach Concord directly, maybe they can forward the call. Even without resorting to towing, if Concord simply issues warning notices to ICE'ers, maybe that'll help educate them

• Informative
Reactions: Kermee
I think Richmond does require signage with towing company contact info dispalyed on private lots, but no idea if there is a sign in immediate vicinity of the Supercharger.

but IIRC, Richmond parking/towing bylaw says towing companies can't do anything about illegally parked cars unless the car is first issued a violation/tow away notice by someone representing the property. ie the tow truck driver can't issue a ticket directly, nor tow without there first being a tow away notice on the car

Concord Security routinely patrols the Richmond Centre parking lot and I do know they issue parking violation tickets & warnings. I don't know for certain that the phone number I mentioned will get you directly in contact with Concord - it's the number listed for security on CF Richmond Ctr website. But if it doesn't reach Concord directly, maybe they can forward the call. Even without resorting to towing, if Concord simply issues warning notices to ICE'ers, maybe that'll help educate them

Good to know! But the many steps from reporting, issuing tickets to towing will likely result in excessive delays. So yea, this is more to serve as warnings than immediate de-ICEing

I can vouch for this... When I left my car a bit too long parked at YVR in the loading zone to help my family at the ticket counter only to come back to a white notice under my windshield wiper titled "Authorized To Tow" ticket signed by an authorized YVR representative. As a scofflaw, I accept full responsibility.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Yesterday (photos from Twitter)
956CEAEC-67DA-45F7-9233-E59D2A5DA140.jpeg

Attachments

• 6183E859-8206-4D40-9F82-3ECE37951C6F.jpeg
    6183E859-8206-4D40-9F82-3ECE37951C6F.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 13120D4B-1A0E-49DD-AC90-0B4D5A97AA63.jpeg
    13120D4B-1A0E-49DD-AC90-0B4D5A97AA63.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 99
  • B6949115-3284-437E-B45B-424CFC642845.jpeg
    B6949115-3284-437E-B45B-424CFC642845.jpeg