Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's be real guys. No one is getting towed for ICEing a supercharger for an hour or two. Park there over night, then maybe.
Probably correct re: towing here in actual practice

still I hope security will issue tickets or warnings to at least educate ICE'ers once this location is operational. Otherwise I'm guessing it could be a problem here

These Superchargers are relatively few short steps to a busy mall entrance, in a fairly small crowded subsection of its busy parking lot. A different situation than, say, Tsawwassen or Surrey Superchargers with their huge parking lots and lots of spaces closer to the mall entrance

Meanwhile in today's Ontario news, a brand new law there introducing a $125 fine for ICE'ing
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/electric-vehicle-parking-fine-1.5394288

In my vast experience with superchargers, the problem of ICEing is way overrated. Sure, I see a lot of ICEing at lightly used superchargers, but if 8 stalls are open, who cares if 1 or 2 is ICEd? When a supercharger is busy, it self-polices. Let's say 10 out of 12 stalls are in use. At this point ICE vehicles are highly unlikely to squeeze in among the Teslas and take 1 of the 2 remaining spots. And if they try, probably one of the Tesla owners will stop them.

Pretty much the only situation where ICEing is a legitimate concern is hotel superchargers late at night. If the hotel is full and the hotel staff isn't proactive, then you can arrive to see the stalls ICEd. I am a night owl so I supercharge A LOT late at night and have never been ICEd out in these situations, but I admit there have been a couple times where it has been close, like a 4 stall supercharger with 2 stalls ICEd and an otherwise full parking lot.

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
These Superchargers are relatively few short steps to a busy mall entrance, in a fairly small crowded subsection of its busy parking lot. A different situation than, say, Tsawwassen or Surrey Superchargers with their huge parking lots and lots of spaces closer to the mall entrance

Speaking of these 2 Supercharger locations, I intentionally park in the vicinity even though I don't plan to charge and don't mind longer walks to mall entrance just for the sake of 'herd immunity' knowing mine will be surrounded by cautious owners.

• Funny
Are they open yet. Taking long time to get connected. Last year I was in Calgary supercharger and guy parked on the charger. I nicely asked him to move the truck so I can charge my car.He refuse to move. I said this is for charging electric car. He looked the signs then he moved the truck. I think people are. more understanding here. Calgary people are are more gas guzzler.

• Funny
Are they open yet. Taking long time to get connected. Last year I was in Calgary supercharger and guy parked on the charger. I nicely asked him to move the truck so I can charge my car.He refuse to move. I said this is for charging electric car. He looked the signs then he moved the truck. I think people are. more understanding here. Calgary people are are more gas guzzler.

I stopped by today morning and it’s still not powered.

No change. Photos from Twitter

Attachments

• D12FDB47-3BE5-467B-B655-BD2652AF457F.jpeg
    D12FDB47-3BE5-467B-B655-BD2652AF457F.jpeg
    584 KB · Views: 121
  • 048F9603-09D7-4C2F-94F0-E370F980286E.jpeg
    048F9603-09D7-4C2F-94F0-E370F980286E.jpeg
    663.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 24209B26-E40C-4A9F-A0D9-4F7C7D4A1A11.jpeg
    24209B26-E40C-4A9F-A0D9-4F7C7D4A1A11.jpeg
    725.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Informative