Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is going to be a problem. I just got clarification from Richmond Center guest services that the parking spots are NOT exclusive to Tesla charging.

"The Tesla charging stations are for use by all our shoppers. While they are offered as a convenience for shoppers with Tesla vehicles, the parking spots are not exclusive to them. If you do park in one of the spaces our standard parking policy applies (all vehicles are limited to four hours of parking on-site)."

Reactions: DavidL67
This is going to be a problem. I just got clarification from Richmond Center guest services that the parking spots are NOT exclusive to Tesla charging.

"The Tesla charging stations are for use by all our shoppers. While they are offered as a convenience for shoppers with Tesla vehicles, the parking spots are not exclusive to them. If you do park in one of the spaces our standard parking policy applies (all vehicles are limited to four hours of parking on-site)."

at some other Supercharger locations I've seen some of the stalls marked with "30 minutes general parking" signs, presumably in busy lots where they don't want to 100% reserve all the charging spots, yet to encourage turnover if ICE park there.

192399.jpg

it's strange / disappointing that Richmond Centre didn't at least do something like that rather than say all of them are full-time 4hr general parking stalls, which is only going to encourage ICE'ing in this already busy lot (if you know this area, you know this is true). Plus as someone here already noticed just the other day, some ICE'ers here won't even be shopping at the mall - they'll instead be across the street at the busy restaurants and shops there that don't have as much parking.

at some other Supercharger locations I've seen some of the stalls marked with "30 minutes general parking" signs, presumably in busy lots where they don't want to 100% reserve all the charging spots, yet to encourage turnover if ICE park there.

View attachment 506127

it's strange / disappointing that Richmond Centre didn't at least do something like that rather than say all of them are full-time 4hr general parking stalls, which is only going to encourage ICE'ing in this already busy lot (if you know this area, you know this is true). Plus as someone here already noticed just the other day, some ICE'ers here won't even be shopping at the mall - they'll instead be across the street at the busy restaurants and shops there that don't have as much parking.

I agree it is disappointing and should have the general parking signs like some stalls in Squamish. At a minimum at least reserve some for charging only. Maybe my post? I noticed that yesterday and posted about it. I could have technically reported it as they left the lot, but still doesn't address the main issue in getting ICEd.

The twelve supercharger stalls at the Uptown Mall in Victoria have "Tesla Vehicle Charging Only" signs. This should be standard with charging stalls located at malls ...

IMG_2284.jpg

So Tesla has various sign options available but unfortunately mall management has selected this one.

I think this will have to be a case of letting mall mgmt seeing for themselves how shared spaces end up causing problems and then hopefully they will revise.

Anyone going to be visiting on the weekend to report on the site antics?

I was in Richmond today so I dropped by to check out this Supercharger (Friday, early afternoon). 7 or 8 other Teslas there, mostly M3 plus maybe one each MS and MX. No ICE, so maybe that's a good sign, although the mall and rest of lot wasn't very busy at that time. True test will be weekends, but at least today everyone behaving.

FYI the A/B pairing order here is straightforward from west to east: 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B ... 10A, 10B
(not all A's together then B's together like I've seen a couple other places)

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out... On busy days, idle charges may apply to Tesla owners who "hog" parking spots with chargers, but no penalty for ICE drivers?!

Reactions: phtp
Happy to see that Richmond residents now have a close by TSC!! Congrats to all of you.

The Richmond TSC has made a noticeable dent in the traffic at Surrey and Burrard TSC's. We no longer see line ups of folks waiting to charge.

Now it is a waiting game for the installation of a TSC station in Burnaby.

But I must admit, my wife and I do enjoy the weekly drive out to Surrey to get our groceries and the recharge at Guildford Mall on the way home. :)

Cheers, Hugh-SG

Reactions: Big Earl