Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, CA - Pierce Street (LIVE May 30 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks!

So when I opened the thread for El Cerrito location, I challenged myself to discover the Berkeley location too. When I was commenting on the thread, I suggested that 99 Ranch Market Parking can be a good potential location for Berkeley Supercharger!!

The reason was the the strategic location, relatively quiet parking area, access to highway, and, the fact that while I was deliberately visiting that area to see if any construction is in progress, I noticed that an area upon entry of the parking lot has been fenced.

A week ago no activities had been started but the setup was the familiar setup.

I could wait!! But now for me, the wait is over as I can see that Supercharger bases have been delivered and PVC Pipes are in location to start the process of cutting and cabling. Two zones have been covered which I believe one is for equipment and the transformers and the other one is the location for actual chargers on border of parking lot. If you look at the concrete bases, you can see the familiar Tesla barcode attached to one of the bases which is completely familiar with similar bases on similar posts.

I can see 16 bases. So I believe there will be 16 stalls for either V2 or more likely V3 Superchargers. The location itself is on border of Richmond Annex and more inside Albany than Berkeley itself. Accessible to Highway 80 Service Road. In the neighborhood, there is a shopping mall called Pacific East Mall, 99 Ranch Market, and Costco is pretty close but not in walking distance.

IMG_0785.jpeg IMG_0779.jpeg IMG_0780.jpeg IMG_0777.jpeg IMG_0781.jpeg IMG_0783.jpeg IMG_0782.jpeg

Congrats again, dude! Did you name this thread or was it renamed "Supercharger - Berkeley (Possibly under construction Dec 2019, Probably 16 stalls)" by the moderators?

I ask because I flagged the El Cerrito thread you started as not needing the word 'possibly' after the Tesla hardware showed up. Since you say you found the Tesla logo on the bases (and they certainly look like the V3 oval bases vs the traditional V2 rectangular bases) we should flag this one as not needing that word too.

That’s literally less than a mile away from the El Cerrito supercharger.

And technically the address registers as Richmond, and could be called Albany. Nevertheless, a great find!

I feel safe to say this Supercharger and El Cerrito Plaza Super charger are probably the closest superchargers ever! Not only in America but probably anywhere...

It kinda reminds me of Apple Berkeley and Apple Emeryville which are having the same title. This shows how dense the area is. I am quite surprised we did not have too many Superchargers in the East Bay so far.

I believe the main barrier had been planning/licensing which is really lengthy in Bay Area.

Hi Folks!

So when I opened the thread for El Cerrito location, I challenged myself to discover the Berkeley location too. When I was commenting on the thread, I suggested that 99 Ranch Market Parking can be a good potential location for Berkeley Supercharger!!

The reason was the the strategic location, relatively quiet parking area, access to highway, and, the fact that while I was deliberately visiting that area to see if any construction is in progress, I noticed that an area upon entry of the parking lot has been fenced.

A week ago no activities had been started but the setup was the familiar setup.

I could wait!! But now for me, the wait is over as I can see that Supercharger bases have been delivered and PVC Pipes are in location to start the process of cutting and cabling. Two zones have been covered which I believe one is for equipment and the transformers and the other one is the location for actual chargers on border of parking lot. If you look at the concrete bases, you can see the familiar Tesla barcode attached to one of the bases which is completely familiar with similar bases on similar posts.

I can see 16 bases. So I believe there will be 16 stalls for either V2 or more likely V3 Superchargers. The location itself is on border of Richmond Annex and more inside Albany than Berkeley itself. Accessible to Highway 80 Service Road. In the neighborhood, there is a shopping mall called Pacific East Mall, 99 Ranch Market, and Costco is pretty close but not in walking distance.

View attachment 506860 View attachment 506858 View attachment 506867 View attachment 506859 View attachment 506868 View attachment 506871 View attachment 506874
Probably V3.

Great find and will add on Supercharge Info now!

Reactions: PedramGh
Well! I took the side of caution. Now I can't figure out how to edit it! Though the date of the marker on one of the bases is in December but I also think, February 2020 is a better construction month!.

Edited thread title (it requires moderator privileges, that's why you can't do it yourself).

My wife and I discussed this for awhile since we're familiar with the area...we agree it seems really odd to call it Berkeley, as someone else noted this is really Richmond. However there's already a Richmond, CA Supercharger, and in any case Tesla has a history of naming some Superchargers oddly. Shrug.

Nice find in any case!

Bruce.

I used to live in El Sobrante on the backside of the Berkeley hills near the reservoir and was shocked to learn when I wanted to talk to the local police that technically I lived in Richmond. It probably would take the Richmond cops 30 minutes to get there. So when they open one in ACTUAL Berkeley, let's call it the El Sobrante Supercharger!

I feel safe to say this Supercharger and El Cerrito Plaza Super charger are probably the closest superchargers ever! Not only in America but probably anywhere...

It kinda reminds me of Apple Berkeley and Apple Emeryville which are having the same title. This shows how dense the area is. I am quite surprised we did not have too many Superchargers in the East Bay so far.

I believe the main barrier had been planning/licensing which is really lengthy in Bay Area.

The closest separate supercharger sites that I know of are in Mt Shasta, where the two sites are literally across the street.

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
That sure is a great idea for a thread, very smart, yes indeed.

Actually broken out by a moderator from a different thread, but I cannot remember which one... Perhaps the new Dublin SuC.

The advantage of old age: You remember a lot. The disadvantage: you forget a lot more