Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange, the tesla mobile app only shows 7 (says the same for the one in downtown Indy which has 8). I did see on tesla's website it saying 12 though.
Yeah, there seems to be some disconnect between Tesla's SC Map and Supercharge.info website. Tesla list 12 SC stalls at up to 150kW and Supercharge.info list 8 SC stalls at up to 250kW. It'd be nice to have a little better consistency but I know that's expecting a lot. At least it's available and providing some charging capabilities.

I just charged here a about 3 hours ago. It's definitely V3 and only 8 stalls installed at the moment. Not sure how to explain the disconnect to the Tesla website that lists 12, or the listing on my in-car NAV which states 6 stalls. I cannot speak to the full 250 kW capability that those with newer Model 3 or Model S might get, but the charging rate was consistent with my recent experience with other new V3 sites at Bloomington, Kokomo, and Michigan City. Starts slow then ramps up gradually over about a minute. I saw 127 kW for a brief period, but was at 126 kW when I took the picture, all this around 25% SOC.

IMG_0646.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: PlasmaRitual
Here now, started at 28% SoC and quickly ramped to 160kW but then started dropping off. Battery was most likely not hot enough as I was preconditioning until I plugged in. LR RWD. Sorry it’s turned this mobile site always does that for some reason
E6D3806F-8B19-4B2D-BFBC-7346290C9D27.jpeg

This supercharger is has been disabled according to the Tesla map. I am not sure what is going on with it.
Someone posted on Plug Share two months ago that they couldn't charge their slightly older model S there and blamed the latch on the connector. Said that it was the same problem they had had at Kokomo and speculated that is the reason why that station is down. It is plausible but I'd wait to see more than one person having a problem before I believed that story fully.
Someone also posted on the Kokomo site that they phoned Tesla and the issue with Kokomo is a utility paperwork issue. So quite possibly the two problems are not related.