Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week a coworker mentioned that the Richmond, IN supercharger would begin construction this week. Yesterday a member on the Indiana Tesla Facebook group posted this image, so it appears that it is under construction. At the Meijer at 2507 Chester Blvd, Richmond, IN 47374.
84577656_2581790722039195_8004336829350281216_o.jpg

Last week a coworker mentioned that the Richmond, IN supercharger would begin construction this week. Yesterday a member on the Indiana Tesla Facebook group posted this image, so it appears that it is under construction. At the Meijer at 2507 Chester Blvd, Richmond, IN 47374.
View attachment 507125
Great! Added to Supercharge Info. Next time, can someone go closer to the pedestals bases and count how many there are?

Reactions: PlasmaRitual
Richmond, IN

Along Primary Interstates: I-70
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-27, US-35, US-40
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: None

I-70

To: Dayton, OH - 35 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Grove City, OH - 109 miles

Adds density along I-70.
By splitting Indianapolis, IN and Dayton, OH, Richmond, IN will reduce the largest gap along I-70 east of Effingham to 99.3 miles (Triadelphia, WV to Somerset, PA).

That would be an extremely fast build-out. I am quite skeptical it'll be live by 3/17. Final inspections always seem to gum up the system, even if the equipment is ready.
This is small town Indiana. Richmond used to be a city that was contracting in size as businesses folded up. Probably less new construction and quick turnaround is my assumption.

Any updated status on this SC? It's been in the construction process for about 58 days now. According to the pictures posted above, about 3-4 weeks ago, it appeared to be near the finishing up stage. Anyone nearby the SC to update with new pictures?

View attachment 529555 Looks like it is basically done. My family member sent me this picture since I don’t currently live in Richmond but it’s my hometown. I’ll let you know if I get a chance to test it and see if the stalls are live.
Thanks very much! My parents live about 30-40 minutes northwest of Richmond so this would be handy if I get a chance to visit in a month or two.

I work close to the supercharger. I charged my model 3 today. Only got 65kw speed. However I think the supercharger isn’t connected to the ‘mothership’ yet. Didn’t get charged for supercharging. All the stalls are level 3 based on the thinner cord compared to the level 2 ones. Super excited to have it go live and get 250kw! Fingers crossed. I’m just glad there’s something in Richmond to charge if I need it.

Attachments

• FC053041-AFA6-4119-AF9A-C994E1E1C8AA.jpeg
    FC053041-AFA6-4119-AF9A-C994E1E1C8AA.jpeg
    640.8 KB · Views: 98
I work close to the supercharger. I charged my model 3 today. Only got 65kw speed. However I think the supercharger isn’t connected to the ‘mothership’ yet. Didn’t get charged for supercharging. All the stalls are level 3 based on the thinner cord compared to the level 2 ones. Super excited to have it go live and get 250kw! Fingers crossed. I’m just glad there’s something in Richmond to charge if I need it.
The Tesla SC map still has this SC as a gray pin versus a red pin to indicate that it's good to go. But I just checked the Supercharge.info website and it now list this SC as open effective on April 8th. It lists as an 8 stall SC topping out at 250kW. Maybe the folks who update the Tesla SC map will turn the pin to red within a day or two. Gdoc, maybe next time you visit you'll get a faster charger speed than 65kW.

There seems to be a pattern with the 250kW Version 3 Superchargers, where the power comes on low initially, then it gets turned off, then a Tesla employees comes back and fixes something, and then it's turned back on and goes red at high power.

But if everything is OK, it won't get turned off and instead the power will come back higher.

There seems to be a pattern with the 250kW Version 3 Superchargers, where the power comes on low initially, then it gets turned off, then a Tesla employees comes back and fixes something, and then it's turned back on and goes red at high power.

But if everything is OK, it won't get turned off and instead the power will come back higher.

I hope so. Tried again yesterday. Charging only at 35kw this time. Charged for 20 min. Stayed the same.