Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jumping the gun a little on this but I stopped in last week. As I was checking out, I asked the cashier where the Superchargers were because I read they were supposed to be getting them. The cashier stated, the store manager just updated the staff on them. They are supposed to be getting 32 plugs and everything is finalized minus local permits. It was her impression they are aiming for installation in the next 60 days.

Hopefully this is all true! This corridor of I-75 could really use a location with a lot of plugs.

Reactions: nogajim and J569
it is listed as part of the partnership with Buc-ee's.

At the time the agreement was found, the Richmond, KY Buc-ee's location wasn't open. It opened in April 2022.

Reactions: tc521
For the record, the address of that new Bucee's is:

1013 Buc-ee's Blvd
Richmond, KY 40475

Since that road is obviously new and may not show up in some map systems yet, a suitable nearby address to use instead would be:

951 Duncannon Ln
Richmond, KY 40475

32 pedestals, wow! That would be the biggest in the entire southeast, especially since many of us don't consider Florida part of the South :) Brunswick GA has had a 24-pedestal site for about a year.

Last edited:
32 pedestals, wow! That would be the biggest in the entire southeast, especially since many of us don't consider Florida part of the South :) Brunswick GA has had a 24-pedestal site for about a year.
It's clearly a need on that corridor as the old 6 stall London, KY site is inadequate. That being said 32 SuC still seems like overkill almost, but planning for the future I presume.

Per Marco, here is the permit. 12 stalls. Aka, one order of magnitude less than the number of gas pumps at this facility.

Attachments

• Buc-ees Richmond ky.jpg
    Buc-ees Richmond ky.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 573
FYI they just added 8 V3 stalls at the London, KY supercharger. Now 14 stalls total providing much needed relief for this corridor along with this new Richmond site coming soon.
This was a welcome surprise earlier this month! I fully expected to wait in line at London only to see the nav list 14 stalls. They expanded that site real quick.