Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Richmond, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by Rudy's this afternoon and the entire restaurant was closed 'due to a power outage'. The SC was still operational but only at 38kW. My battery was <40% so there was no taper involved.
Sorry you had a problem, but you were lucky that 1) it worked at all, and 2) there were other options to charge within 100 miles. I had that happen in Price, Utah, and the entire region had no power. We managed to limp to the next Supercharger simply because I was a newbie and had charged fully at the previous Supercharger while eating lunch.

The real bummer for you was NO RUDY'S!

Finally got to the Richmond location this weekend.

So is the New Format for SC to unnumbered charging stands? I had to guess that it was the back-to-back stalls that were splitting on 135kW. Confirmed by talking to someone that came after me to let them know why they were getting a very low rate (I was near empty). They moved over one stall and boom, all was good for them. Owners unaware of how the split works isn't anything new, but this unlabeled format is I think? Or did that start some time back?

0096B1C1-2C5F-4891-AE04-314149B9DF97.jpeg
Stopped in on Saturday. No numbers, great breakfast tacos. Only car charging.

Reactions: AndrewTX
We charged at 11:45 yesterday (Friday,14June).
There were 4 others there. One sitting in the car. At 11:45? At a BBQ place?
This was our first visit to Rudy's in Richmond. IMO, it is very good BBQ. It's better and the portion on a brisket sandwich is larger, than at the Houston Highway 290 Supercharger.
I had occasion to talk to the manager of Rudy's. I asked if the Supercharger brings in business. He said, yes, but not as much as he had hoped. He estimates that 30% of the drivers who charge there come in to eat.

I for one will not plan to spend 45 minutes or an hour of my time to save $10.
I love my home charger. .

There were 4 others there. One sitting in the car. At 11:45? At a BBQ place?
This was our first visit to Rudy's in Richmond. IMO, it is very good BBQ. It's better and the portion on a brisket sandwich is larger, than at the Houston Highway 290 Supercharger.
I had occasion to talk to the manager of Rudy's. I asked if the Supercharger brings in business. He said, yes, but not as much as he had hoped. He estimates that 30% of the drivers who charge there come in to eat.

I for one will not plan to spend 45 minutes or an hour of my time to save $10.
I love my home charger. .
30% is pretty good in my opinion. Also, I'm sure they don't realize every time someone is a Tesla driver. It's not like I checked in when I ate there.

I like the moist brisket with just salt and pepper. It's no Black's (Lockhart, TX), but it's very good for a chain BBQ place.

Reactions: XHabjab

I haven't ever mentioned that I'm using the SC while eating there. I guess I should say something next time.