Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Richmond, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dividing line between Richmond and Sugar Land appears to be Ransom Road.

No, it's the SW Freeway at the current moment, and even further south if you consider the fact that Greatwood and Royal Lake Estates are both in Sugar Land's ETJ. I think Tara is, too, even though it's known to be a less desirable subdivision. READ: little bit ghettto The sales tax from SW Freeway commercial development is SL's bread and butter. The are set to annex Greatwood real soon here just like they did with New Territory recently.

Grew up in Sugar Land.

No, it's the SW Freeway at the current moment

Just going by the cities that Taco Bell
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 7.46.48 PM.png

Freddy's
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 7.46.53 PM.png

Shermin-Williams
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 7.47.00 PM.png

and Memorial Hermann
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 7.52.25 PM.png

stated they are located in to determine that Ransom Road is the most likely dividing line between Richmond and Sugar Land. SW freeway doesn't pass between any of those.

According to google maps the site actually is within the Sugar Land city limits.

I've never heard of being in the city limits of one city and having a mailing address of another city. Seems really stupid, but then again, some things are done "Texas style" and don't necessarily make a lot of sense. Don't get me started on the awful freeway designs with all the frontage roads :)

Reactions: Beryl
If 20500 SW Freeway is the accurate address, Google has it in Richmond. It isn’t a terrible area at all. Not too far south of Costco.
Yes that is the address. But if you type Sugar Land, TX into Google, it will show you the city limits. The site falls within those city limits (and also well out of the city limits shown when you type in Richmond, TX).

I've never heard of being in the city limits of one city and having a mailing address of another city. Seems really stupid, but then again, some things are done "Texas style" and don't necessarily make a lot of sense. Don't get me started on the awful freeway designs with all the frontage roads :)
Lots of examples. West University Place has Houston mailing address. Westlake has Austin mailing address.

2nd IAH location at a Rudy’s.

Wonder if the Katy location will be at the Rudy’s near 10 and Mason...
Agreed about the Rudy's in Katy as I mentioned in the (or a) Texas thread...apparently all (or most) the Rudy's in TX are corporate owned, so it appears there's a relationship budding between the two. Makes it easier to track or locate new construction.

Reactions: houstonian
Damn guys, who cares about the city limits and mailing addresses? This is a supercharger thread, and we all can see where it is. That's all that matters. No use in getting into a petty argument that no one will win, and it WON'T matter anyway.

I really hope the next post is about something important - like trenching!

Damn guys, who cares about the city limits and mailing addresses? This is a supercharger thread, and we all can see where it is. That's all that matters. No use in getting into a petty argument that no one will win, and it WON'T matter anyway.

I really hope the next post is about something important - like trenching!

If it's wrong, it means a data update for Blueshift and a thread title change for a TMC mod.
So, damn it, it's important!

Not as important as the fact that this will split Victoria, TX and Nacogdoches, TX and continue the build-out along I-69 (nee US-59).

Reactions: MarcoRP
Mailing addresses aren't indicative of city limits. There's a whole swath of Houston in Ft. Bend County with 32,000-some-odd population with a Missouri City mailing address just because the Mo. City Post Office is closer. Blue Ridge, Houston - Wikipedia
Yeah, this is a weird thing that can happen over time as cities grow and annex surrounding areas, while the smaller town's nominal postal coverage gets squeezed. Our nearest grocery stores are addressed as "Magnolia", though they are a full 10 miles from Magnolia itself (and about 6 miles from the edge of some effectively empty land the town of Magnolia has annexed, to try maintain it's turf). These groceries stores, and most of the other business properties around them, are about to be annexed into the city of Conroe. It is extremely unlikely that their official mailing address will change to reflect this.

Last edited: