Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, VA - S Providence Rd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Permits have also been issued for the Richmond area's fourth Supercharger, located at a Sheetz station right off the Midlothian Turnpike. Work will be preformed by the HavePower team. So far, I have not seen 811 tickets for either the Richmond or Colonial Heights Superchargers so construction has not begun yet.

Richmond .jpg

Utility markings are there, but no digging or hardware on site yet.

This is a strange choice for a Supercharger site. I was really expecting the next Richmond location to be somewhere on the west side, along 288 at Short Pump, Westchester Commons, or Brandermill.
I find it strange too. If they are going to build them, I would expect them to at least initially be placed strategically along interstates and close to the exit ramps, then start filling in the gaps around town. The Glen Allen supercharger site seems bizarre to me as well. Having to exit 95 to get onto 295 to get to the exit for the Supercharger is not exactly convenient for those driving up and down I-95. I'm also suprised that there isn't a Supercharger in Short Pump. The Wawa there on Broad St next to I-64 seems like a prime location for one. There is even some vacant land next to to build it on.

I find it strange too. If they are going to build them, I would expect them to at least initially be placed strategically along interstates and close to the exit ramps, then start filling in the gaps around town. The Glen Allen supercharger site seems bizarre to me as well. Having to exit 95 to get onto 295 to get to the exit for the Supercharger is not exactly convenient for those driving up and down I-95. I'm also suprised that there isn't a Supercharger in Short Pump. The Wawa there on Broad St next to I-64 seems like a prime location for one. There is even some vacant land next to to build it on.
The Glen Allen supercharger was one of the first ones opened in the country in 2013 so likely was more of a take what you can get scenario at the time.